Meeting Mother Dearest

Hiya! This is a filler chapter and this will be going on throughout the series!

By filler, I mean that it is not necessarily progressive plot-wise but it does show a lot of scenes that I'd love to include in the story!

P.S. I somehow traveled back 10 years ago and am having a slight obsession with Twilight. Don't sue me.
----
The morning was probably the only time when Reece could actually take a liking for the sunlight. Although his backyard had a few shady trees to sit under, the sunlight around 10 a.m was bright enough to make everything shine but not too warm that would've made him look like a tan Count Dracula.

He was sitting on the grass, studying the sheets of papers in his hands so intensely that his eyes were hurting because he hasn't blinked in forever.

Across him was Eddie, typing something on his phone. Probably tweeting about the fact that Reece made him sit on grass.

After another minute of silence, his friend finally muttered. "You know, it wouldn't be called practicing if you're just staring into the molecules of those scripts."

"I'm memorising." Reece said it plainly, as if it wasn't obvious enough. "I won't be able to go on stage holding these."

"Well yeah, but that's not even the play that you'll be in!" Eddie crawled over to him and tried to take a peek at the papers. "What movie did you take it from anyways?"

"La La Land. It's like, one of the best musical romance recently."

Reece took one final glance over the scripts and put it down. Taking a deep breath, he turned to Eddie, who looked at him expectantly. "Okay, it's time to practice," he said, handing over the papers to him.

They both stood up and took their places. But Eddie raised an eyebrow as he went through the script. "Wait, so you're playing Mia?"

"Yes, and you're reading Sebastian."

His friend nodded, though he scanned the script with a face that didn't exactly scream reliable.

Reece cleared his throat. "So...what are you going to do after the tour?" he asked in a cheerful tone.

"What do you mean...?" For goodness sake, the boy read it like a damn epitaph. Reece felt his mood slowly dying but carried on anyway.

"Well, Keith, the band...is it the long  haul?"

"I'm sorry, I -- I don't really understand  the question..." Eddie's face scrunched, whether it was an attempt to show emotions or having trouble reading the script, Reece had no idea.

"I didn't mean anything by it."

"Yeah... Yeah, it's the long haul."

"Ok."

"Why would you ask me that?"

"Ask you what?"

"Just now."

"I don't understand."

Eddie muttered under his breath, "I honestly don't either." But seeing the look on his friend's face, he continued on. "Look, can we be honest for a second? I just need to know. Do you hate the music?"

"What? I told you I love it."

"Now you're lying."

"Don't tell me I'm lying when I'm not," Reece said with irritation laced in his words.

"Ok. So be honest."

"I was not embarrassed. I thought -- I thought you might be embarrassed." A short pause. "That's not -- that came out wrong-- "