Grease Lightning

Despite having no particularly new movie coming out this week, the Cineplex was still- much to Reece's chagrin- crowded with people. It turns out that today was the full-day showcase of 'Golden Movies'- as they promoted it on the posters. He had seen those papers throughout the week but he never actually took the time to read or care what it was about, he had assumed it was just another boring poster about some house for sale.

'Golden Movies' are apparently the classic cult films from the 1990s and older, the movies were declared as an iconic turn for their genres today. Like Scream, the one with the killer wearing the most stupid mask the golden screen had to offer.

So because of that, keeping an eye on Sierra Ferrind would be trickier than he thought.

"Can I have 3 tickets to Grease please?" he tried to say as sweetly as possible as he stared at the woman behind the glass panel but seeing her face- something that reminded him of an elderly bulldog- he doubted that she could be swayed so easily.

"Sorry, kid." Her gruff voice suited her face perfectly it seems. "The movie's on in 30 minutes and the seats are sold out."

Reece tried to keep his expression calm but on the inside, he felt a huge roll of disappointment filling him up. "Oh really? I didn't expect this..."

"In usual circumstances, it wouldn't happen." The woman admitted, looking like she was apologetic but it was hard to tell. "But the movie is in the smallest hall here so there are not many seats to begin with."

"I see..." The smallest hall? That was just bad luck. "Thanks anyway," he said, giving a quick smile before pulling out of the queue. Well, maybe it would've been a smart move to book the tickets early on: he underestimated how much nostalgia a cheesy teen musical from the 70s can bring.

Mara was waiting for him inside, she stood daintily against a wall, her red hair oddly syncing into the walls. She smiled at him expectantly though her face changed as he walked closer. "Where are the tickets?"

"Uh, where's Eddie?"

"He went to the toilet. Don't switch the subject."

Reece sighed. "They're sold out."

The girl groaned, clearly regretting her decision to follow them to the movies. Well, it wasn't entirely her decision; she was fairly easy to guilt-trip and convince. But she stayed calm anyways. "Reece, why do you want to watch Grease in the first place? That movie is popular, we can probably just rent it out at Old Jerry's."

Just then, the familiar boy with distractingly uneven hair came out from around the corner wher the bathroom entrance was and stood beside Reece, falling a few inches shorter than him. "Yeah, totally." Eddie had only heard a bit of their conversations but he was already agreeing with Mara, probably because he didn't really want to go here. Like his friend, he wasn't fond of crowds. "We can just rent it out and watch it my house."

"His TV is huge." Mara said in an attempt to convince Reece.

"Plus, my dad is a history geek so he still has those VHS or DVD players."

Reece shook his head, he knew that he had no intention of simply enjoying a movie here but he needed to find a way to make them agree without revealing much. "Dude, your dad is a historian. You're a history geek," he said, his friend rolled his eyes at the statement. "Plus, I..."

It wasn't like he could just tell them that the real reason was to keep an eye- totally not stalking- on Sierra Ferrind. Heck, it took him some pretty wild guesses to figure out that Grease was the movie she was headed for.

He had her Instastory to thank for as she had posted a picture last night of the outfit she had pre-planned for today: a blouse that was bright yellow, long sleeved, cuffs that were too loose to tuck in hands, a rounded collar and had white polka dots in random everywhere. It reminded Reece of some people in 1970s or something. The brown skirt only added to the effect and the leather jacket was just a mismatched dead giveaway to what movie she was dedicating it to.