Prologue

Flames erupt across the now falling great stone city. Screams of human citizens in terror echoed through the night. Survivors rush around as well as their legs constantly turning to avoid the dangers around every corner. In a alley between the stone building that once was a bakery and basket weaving was a women running carry a crying child in her arms. The extremely young child screams could still be heard as the mother covered the child with her breast, though the roars behind the mother were  only booming and extremely close. These beastly roars were coming from a being of pure black shadows, except for the brilliant bright red eyes and dark red mouth of beast chasing her. A wall closing off the alley lead to the demise of the mother as she fell to her knees trying to cox the child with words of love as the shadow beast slowly closed in knowing it had its prey. As it walked small pools of the dark red drool fell from its mouth making small flames rise as they burned against the ground, even though a predator by nature it still gave off a smile knowing what was about to happen in a mere moments.

All across the great stone city scenes like this were erupting as beast with skin of shadows were causing death and pain. Even with the city now falling it was even worse at the large pyramid castle in the center of the city. This building in particular was covered completely with the varies beast of pure shadow. Through inside the castle, the halls had blood smeared on the walls and floors of the once beautifully decorated area. None of the rooms of the castle were left without stains of blood from those eaten alive, some pieces were left over because of the beats true mission.

Only one soul was left inside the castle and it was actually surviving with a fight. Beast the size of large jungle cats lunged for the well robed king, but were stopped by a wall they could no see and instantly the beast would burst the from the inside out. Yet if two beast were destroyed then four would emerged behind those defeated, numbers only increased as the fight continued on. Still the king continued raising invisible walls around himself while making the beast burst continuously. A near thousand different types and sizes of the shadow like beast had tried to approach the King for his life yet all failed as the sun was beginning to rise. On the very chair of his throne covered in scratches and leaking blood with his hands out for more attacks suddenly paused as all beast began to back away feeling the sun rise. In a an instant all beast infecting the city and castle rushed away into the surrounding jungle, the moment all the beast were gone the King fell over leaking blood onto the floor.

With the last of his life, the King held up his hand and blasted a message into the wall that stood above the doorway of the entrance to his throne room. With that last blast the King soul had finally departed from the psychical world after a thousand year reign. That same morning the handful that survived that nights attack saw the king and the message he had left. Although the message seemed strange as it was a prophecy telling of the centuries to come, a prophecy that would leave the remaining people of the great city to die along side it. Until there were none.