Toothpick

Tristin pov*

To be clear, my crush on Mac is continually growing, but after Bozer saying about the dating app, I feel like my chances are down. This is also because while Mac and Jack were staking out Nikki, Jack texted me if I knew about a girl named 'Cindy'. Yep it's official my best friend is my biggest crush and big crushes are rare for me. 

I was having this rant in my head, until my phone woke me up. It was Thornton telling me to get to Berlin with Riley about saving a woman named Katerina Wagner, an assistant to Eric Wexler, who has been selling weapons American enemies. She was suppose to go under witness protection from Interpol agent Simon Abbott. She right now was on a train to Frankfurt, with a ticket from Abbot. The problem was the ticket was sent 2 hours after Abbott was murdered about four hours ago. Wexler was behind all of this so are mission was to go safe her. I got up and dressed (Outfit^) and headed out, meeting Riley on the plane and the boys in Berlin.  

Berlin, Germany

On the train "Katarina? Katarina? Katarina? Oh, great, she's not in here." Jack said looking in her room.

"Are we sure this is her car?" Mac asked. 

"Yeah. I hacked her e-mail and got the ticket the fake agent sent her." Riley said.

"Well, she's gotta be somewhere on the train, right?" I say.

"Hold up. Hold up. Free Wi-Fi is a hacker's best friend. Minimal security, encrypted traffic, and easy access to every cell phone, computer, and tablet on the network. And they all have cameras." Riley explains.

"Whoa. This is great, but I'm still not seeing her." Jack said.

"Maybe it's 'cause she's trying to disappear. She cut and dyed her hair." Mac said holding up hair..Ew.
"Well, that would make sense, given who Wexler is, and the people he works with. She's probably scared half to death, running for her life right now." Jack said.

"Looks about six inches. Blonde. This is who we're looking for now." I say to Riley who changed her appearance. We find her in the dinning cart. We sit in front of her and Riley and Jack sit beside us. She sees us and tries to take a run for it.

"Hey, Katarina. Don't. If you run, I'm gonna have to chase you, and there's only so much train. So maybe just hear me out first? My name is Angus MacGyver. I work with the U.S. government. I know you're scared. That's why my friends and I are here to get you through it. To keep you safe." Nodding at us.

"I need to make a phone call." She tries to get up again.

"To Agent Abbott? Yeah, I don't think he's gonna pick up." Jack said.

 "I'm sorry, Simon Abbott is dead. Killed by whoever sent you that ticket. This train is leading you right into a trap. That's why we're here. To protect you." I say to comfort her.

"You work for Interpol?" She asks.

"The Phoenix Foundation." Mac says.

"Never heard of it."

"That's kind of the point."

"You have ID? Show me proof."

"They're not exactly the kind of place that prints up business cards."

"How convenient." She said. "You don't look like a secret agent." Pointing out to Mac.

"What, exactly, is a secret agent supposed to look like?" Mac asks.

"Sharp suit. Shorter hair. A little more worldly." I softly laugh at her picking him apart. Mac playfully glares at me.

"Well, it's a it's a whole new world." He ends. "Look, I know this sounds crazy, but there's a man waiting for you when you step off this train in Frankfurt. And when you do, he's going to kill you. And I really don't want that to happen."