Chapter 6

Sarah was following Evanna's directions to her home as the sun began to set creating a blue to orange gradient across the sky.
Evanna held on and watched the sky in astonishment

"Wow...It's beautiful."

"Yea I know..." Sarah continued to drive and finally, they made it to Evanna's house. Her father was waiting outside with his phone in his hand as he watched them pull into the driveway.

Sarah kicked down the bike stand and the two girls got off.

"Evanna Claire Evascent, where in the world have you been?! I called you at least 12 times."

"Sorry I was distracted by the scenery and Sarah's great conversation skills." She nervously laughed.

"I'm gonna let it slide because you arrived on a motorcycle and that's pretty cool. But! Next time call me before you go on a motorcycle trip."

"Noted!" She walked over to her Dad giving him a fist bump. Sarah walked over and did the same.

"I'm Sarah, Evanna's new and upcoming friend."

"Ah...I'm glad she's finally making friends. I'm John."

"Nice to meet you!"

"So are you a lesbian too?"

"Psh I don't know.  I'll just say I'm Queer, here, and lost."

"Awesome! Well, you're always welcome in my house, especially if you have idiot parents that think your sexuality defines you."

Sarah smiled. "I like you. Evanna your Dad is awesome."

"I know." She smiled a bit. "My Dad is my best friend."

"Dang right I am! When she came out to me I told her the most epic Dad joke out there."

"Please spare me the torture." Sarah laughed.

"Awe, anyway, it's late, do you wanna stay over? We got an extra room."

"Hmm yea I'll stay."

Evanna looked at Sarah. "Uh...what about clothes?"

"Can I use some of yours?"

"We look around the same size so sure."

"Sweeeet."

All three of them walked inside. John headed off to the kitchen to start cooking dinner. Evanna turned to Sarah.

"Uh let me show you around."

"Lead the way Captain."

She started to give Sarah a tour around the house skipping over a room that had a lock on it. It had spiked Sarah's curiosity but she had opted not to ask. Evanna pointed out the rest of the rooms and lastly the one Sarah would be staying in. It had a couple of leftover items in it that didn't exactly fit with a guest room. It looked like someone moved out of the room and left some items behind. Sarah walked in and jumped on the bed.

"This is the most comfortable thing I've ever placed my body on." She laid back and enjoyed the feeling of the soft mattress giving her a warm hug.

"Anna~ Can I just live here?"

"Ah- Anna...?" She was caught off guard by the nickname, "Haha...I don't think your parents would settle for that, would they?"

"Ha! My parents settling for something?!" She laughed. "Good one Anna good one."

"Huh?"

"Nothing nothing." She waved her hand in a back and forth motion.

Evanna smiled. "I'm gonna go shower." She left the room and went to her own. She grabbed a pair of shorts and an oversized shirt and walked over to the bathroom. She started up her shower and used her hand to check if it was ready and when it was she put one foot in to test the water one last time. The shower felt like it was burning her skin off yet she still stepped in and did her thing.

"I wonder what Sarah meant in that comment about her parents. Come to think of it...She didn't bother to call them or ask..." She shook her head, "I shouldn't worry too much..."

"I'm probably throwing this out of proportion.." She continued her shower. 
  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yo, its the author! Um, I ran out of ideas for this chapter so I just decided to end it where I did. My creative flow is kinda dead so I'll update when I get it back!

~Blu