1~The unexpected guest

Hashim walked into his house after a tasking day at office while speaking on phone. Islamiya happily walked to him to take his  briefcase and welcome him. He sat on a sofa next to the door while Islamiya headed to the kitchen to check her cooking and get him a cup of yogurt. She returned as he was droping his call and served his drink.

Hashim: Thanks honey.

Islamiya: how was work?!

Hashim: Cool!!! .... Had to engage in three operations but Alhamdulilah.

Islamiya: May Allah keep strengthing you and bless your efforts. Should I serve your food now as you go to refresh yourself?

Hashim: yes please! But before then, you saw and heard me speaking on phone a while ago right?!

Islamiya: yes! I did, but still have no idea what you were discussing ! (smiles) Any problem?

Hashim: It was Nasir my brother I was speaking with, you know he has been living with me right before we got married, to make us have our privacy he had to pause his IT and return to sokoto to continue with his studies, now he needs to utilize the strike break and round it up, just a month plus and he will be done inshallah. So it's likely we have him here for that little duration!

Islamiya surprisingly: Are you kidding me? You mean your brother will come live with us here in same house?! Why not....

Hashim( cut in): Madam! It's just for a couple of weeks, I mean we got three good rooms after all, and you know he is the shy type, in fact, he was so reluctant to tell me directly. Honey! You know he is the only one left for me among my immediate family, if I don't stand with him who will?!
You can't expect me to push him out to live with any other when I have got my house here.
I understand it might be hard for you at the beginning, but I promise, just for that duration, and I am ready to reward you beautifully as soon as he leaves inshaAllah.

Islamiya not convinced: But Habiby!....

Hashim ( cuts in): Don't but it again... Only if you know this guy, I can vouch for his piety and uprightness anywhere we go Mashallah, so I'm sure he will control his movement and actions at home not to inconvenient you... I Promise!

Islamiya releasing a heavy sigh:
I don't like that anyways, and you know Islam  also frowns at that, but hope you will be able to control and instruct him well and  he proofs to be as you said!

Hashim gladly: that's my baby! I promise!
Now let me have my shower and have our meal after please.
___________________

Two days after Nasir arrived Hashim's house, Islamiya did the necessary to make him feel at home. She was in the kitchen when she overheard Nasir telling his brother that he will always remain in the masjid and come in only when the brother is around not to make the wife uncomfortable. Islamiya was so  delighted to hear that...

Alhamdulilah! At least I will continue to have my privacy and dress in hijab for limited times only!!

She thought!

It now became a daily routine, whereby Nasir wakes as early as 4:30am to observe his Qiyam, and sweep his room out, along with the living room to the kitchen and then take his bath.
He leaves for the masjid to observe fajr with Hashim and they return together to have their breakfast. Hashim hurriedly prepare to leave for his work place which is an hour distant from his house, which makes Nasir leave home for  masjid till time is due for his own work place to get open which is just a five minutes walk from home.

Islamiya is a stay at home wife as prefered  by her husband who likes her to be home instead of hustling and struggling around, then come home late to take care of family again.
He has always set her on a monthly income making her lack nothing.
She therefore engage in an online business and programs to keep her time blessed.

*One evening!!!!!*

Both brothers were in the living room watching a program while Islamiya was in kitchen preparing food.
A noise was heard from the kitchen making the two brothers to rush in to check what the matter was all about.

On getting there, Islamiya was seen standing on a stool terrified with a broken plate on ground.

Hashim: what's it honey?!

Islamiya shudders while pointing at the stove direction :
Rat!!!! Raaaaaaattt!!

Hashim angrily: Mtchweeeeeeee! That's why you had to scream that way and break a plate! Hun?!

Nasir with a smile: C'mon bro! It's all women! They all fear Rats and the likes... (Facing islamiya) where is it hiding now?!

Islamiya pointing under the stove: it's right there under the gas cooker.

Nasir lifted his sleeves up and grabbed a broom. He moved towards the targeted area and battled with the killing of the  Rat.

Chai! Sister islamiya! See what you caused a scene for! A very tiny Rat that won't do you Nothing!

He said smiling.

Islamiya was still standing on the stool while her husband returned to the living room shaking his head.

Nasir went out to throw the Rat away, coming back he sees Islamiya packing the plate from the ground.

Nasir: C'mon sister, just leave this for me to do you can continue with your cooking, you know your husband doesn't joke with hunger (smiles) .

As soon as he was done sweeping , he helped to wash plates and pots left in the sink.

Food got served at last , they all ate, enjoyed and relaxed before the men dashed out for Isha prayer. They returned afterwards and chatted for an hour after which Hashim went in to meet his wife and prepare for the next day's work.

*(A reminder)*

*Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) said, “He who believes in Allah and the Last Day, let him show hospitality to his guest; and he who believes in Allah and the Last Day, let him maintain good relation with kins; and he who believes in Allah and the Last Day,  let him speak good or remain silent.”,*
*[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].*

To be continued....

               DATTI ABUBAKAR M.😉

I know this story will benefit a lot of people if I paste it on the greatest wattpad. Oom Maher Niqabi, i see u😉
....,.........,.........,...........