5~MY NAKEDNESS

Islamiya never stopped thinking of Nasir's condition of suffering out in the cold which she believed was caused by her husband's attitude.

She began to battle with her sleep, switching between the thoughts of her angry husband who left home, even though she was certain he would be at his clinic as that wasn't his first time leaving home after a dispute, and the innocent poor Inlaw suffering right now as a result of their misunderstanding.

She reflected on her recent actions, and whether she was guilty of what transpired between her and Hashim.

Well! Just for peace to reign, I will make an amendment tomorrow inshallah and call his attention later towards what he needs to change in himself for better coexistence.
She silently thought.

It's now an hour before Fajr, Nasir woke up as usual of him to observe his nawafil. The masjid won't be open by now, he needed to get in to make use of the restroom, make wudu and clean his teeth.
He texted Islamiya to see if he can go in and do the necessary, then followed it with a flash to wake her incase she was still asleep.

Islamiya went to open the door and returned back to her room.

Nasir observed his nawafil while locking himself in the room, and dashed out immediately to recite his Qur'an in the car till it will get to the time of opening the masjid's door.

He eventually observed his Fajr, and waited an hour after in masjid before going back home. He needed to get ready for his work place. He was getting more frustrated of how his brother handled matters with his wife and the refusal to pick his calls.

May Allah forgive you both, I need to look for other alternatives inshallah.

He soliloquized.

He knocked on the Door to get in, had his bath and left for work but Islamiya wasn't out to open it. He called her phone severally but no response, he thought she might have returned to bed and checked if the door was unlocked and yes it was. He swiftly walked to his room and locked it. He had his bath and prepared to leave home.

25 minutes after, Hashim returned home parking outside the gate with the hope to leave again after resting. He turned the entrance door knob to be shocked of seeing Islamiya wrapped in towel, holding her phone while Nasir was facing her with a fixed gaze!!

Well done guys! Weldone!

Repeated Hashim while clapping thrice with a wanly face.

Nasir immediately turned to leave for his room but Hashim commanded furiously:

If you dare move an inch! You will blame yourself.

Nasir remained in his position backing both Islamiya and his brother:
I swear it's nothing of what you think brother, please don't let shaytan whisper in you bad thoughts.

Islamiya was wishing the earth opens up and swallow her at that moment. Tears were senselessly rolling down her cheeks.

Hashim: (pointing at Islamiya) so this is what you were up to that made you to plot for how I will leave home so as to have your way?

And you the so called alfa Nasir is this how you ought to reward me after all I did for you?

I won't curse you both but God will judge between us.

He unappologetically dashed out again slamming the door without looking back.

Nasir went straight to his room to pack his luggage without a second thought.
He kept repeating *"innalillah wainaa illayhi rajun"* like he never chanted it before.

Islamiya walked to her room lifelessly, she remained in shock till she noticed a light coming from her phone. It was Hashim's call, with all fears and without wasting time she picked it up.

Hashim: you are divorced!!!!!!
He aborted the call immediately.

Phone fell from Islamiya's hand, she sat quietly trying to understand and believe what she just heard before she began to cry hysterically.
Reference: Omm Maher Naqabi

*(A reminder)*

*"O you who believe! Enter not houses other than your own, until you have asked permission and greeted those in them; that is better for you, in order that you may remember"*
[al-Noor 24:27]

DATTI ABUBAKAR M.

To be continued...

THE NIGERIAN IN-LAW