2~ THE INEVITABLE ATTRACTION

(Three weeks later!!!!)

Nasir returned home with a bag in his hand after making sure his brother was home as well. He called out to his sister In-law who was in the bedroom.

Islamiya: Na'am!!! Some seconds please!
She wore her hijab and went to answer the call.

Nasir: thanks for taking care of us all these days. Thought of showing little appreciation by relieving you tonight from cooking, thereby got us some shawarma and smoothie (extending the bag to her)
Here you go!

Islamiya (full of happiness): oooh my God!!! You shouldn't have bothered yourself brother Nasir! This is too much for a student (smiles)

Nasir jokingly : eeehn! But it's never too much for a student to eat three unpaid square meals right?!

Islamiya: well! Neither I nor your brother hold you to an account for any food or service rendered! Nevertheless, we appreciate this a lot, may Allah continue to bless your pocket.

Nasir: Ameen ma!

Hashim came out of the bathroom after showering to join the conversation.

Islamiya showing the bag to him: Habiby! See your brother bothering himself getting us dinner tonight, (jokingly) I wonder if you sent him to do so!!!

Hashim: eeehnn!! Is that true alfa Nasir? That's good!! That's good!!!! Though you did the right thing, nevertheless, no one is bothering and asking you to spend your money on such, you are still a student, keep saving it for yourself.
We appreciate it though!

So honey! What a relieve for you tonight! But what meal is it?!

Islamiya: yet to open it though, but alfa Nasir says it's shawarma and smoothie, and yeah, I can testify from the aroma that is leaking from the bag that it must be super Yummy!

Should I serve it when you are back from magrib?

Hashim: Aaaah!!! Dear! I doubt if I can be satisfied with just a shawarma as dinner!
If there is any left over in the fridge please heat and serve it for me.

Islamiya hiding her annoyance: So you aren't taking the shawarma?!

Hashim: you can add half of the shawarma for me to the main food so alfa Nasir won't be displeased with me (smiles)

Islamiya sighing: inshallah!

She went to observe magrib while the men were out for masjid, after which she immediately headed to the kitchen to set the table for them. She checked the fridge and freezer for any leftover food but got none. She initially doubted if there was any, but thought of not arguing or causing any embarrassing scene in the presence of her In-law.

She concluded on making some veggie pasta for him instead. While waiting for the egg and pasta to boil, a lot of thoughts visited her mind:

Godddddd! Their characters aren't in anyways comparable at all!

I kept bearing and tolerating Hashim's attitudes thinking all men are same, but is Nasir not a man as well?!

He helps with domestic chores, speaks with all courtesy and respect, shows care, lovely and takes one to a mini Jannah with his Quranic Recitation!

But here is My own fate, he knows nothing except eating and to satisfy him. Common gift, dine out or ordinary snack he won't surprise one with!

(heavy sigh)! so lucky is she who will end up with brother Nasir as a wife!

Water has already dried in the pot making the boiled pasta begin to burn.
Islamiya woke up from her thoughts and rushed to turn off the burner and make amendments at the time both men came in.

Hashim walked to the kitchen as he could perceive the odour of the smoke.

Aahahha! Can't you cook again without burning food woman?

Islamiya frustratedly: what's the meaning of all these? can't you utter something good and positive? Afterall it's your food I'm struggling to make!

Hashim: well! I didn't ask you to cook a new food, I gave instruction as simple as "heat a leftover food for me" before I left home.
Anyways, you know better the reason why you gotta cook again, so hurry please because I'm damn hungry!! and well-done!

He left the kitchen to join his brother in the living room, but the latter had already left for his room as soon as he heard Hashim rebuking Islamiya!

That wasn't their first time to have a misunderstanding since his arrival, and it had become his habit as well to rush to his room in order to avoid embarrassing them.

*At dinning*

Nasir: brother! Can I say something?

Hashim: Go ahead please!

Nasir slowly: I'm sorry if you perceive this otherwise, I never mean to intervene in your affairs, but my love for you warrant me to say this....

Hashim( cut in): Go straight alfa!!!

Nasir: I just wanted to remind you of how nice it would be dealing softly with her, remember they are so fragile and love to be pampered instead of been rebuked especially at the presence of a third party.

Hashim nonchalantly:

eehh! Don't mind that woman though, she is just been too sensitive!

Nasir: That's women generally bro, you just need to handle her with care please for peace and love to keep reigning in your home!
See her now yet to take her meal that she has been so excited to eat since!

Hashim curiously: How did you get to know she hasn't. Afterall it's in the room she usually have her food!

Nasir: I noticed the last smoothie I brought in the freezer when I went to get some ice, which also led my eyes to the shawarma bag left on the kitchen counter. I checked and noticed the shawarma to be there. I'm sure she might be angry over your reaction, please a simple I'm sorry will make her eat and solve the dispute.

Hashim jokingly: Hmmmm! A bachelor counseling a married man!!! Mr adviser! Eat your food please! I have heard you, and she will be pleased as soon as I'm done eating!

Nasir picking up his shawarma: I'm sorry though!

Islamiya was over hearing their conversation right from her room:
How I wish you can just learn from your brother!
She thought with a hiss!!

Hashim eventually apologized to his wife as soon as he finished settling his tummy, the latter had her meal while Nasir excused himself to have his sleep as he complained of a headache, leaving the couples behind at living room.

30 minutes after, Hashim received a call from his clinic, requesting him to show up for an emergency case that was getting out of hand.

As he dresses up to take his leave, Islamiya reminded him of his brother's presence home.

Hashim has always avoided staying long at his clinic since his brother's arrival not to cause both his wife and brother any inconvenience! But now he got no option than to leave for his work place at the moment.

oohhh! You are right! But you know what? I guess he should be deeply asleep now, you just lock your own room till my return, he might not even sense I'm not home and you will be fine!

Says Hashim with assurance!!

Islamiya with a weird look and sigh: It's ok!
Drive safely!

Refrence: OMM MAHER
NIQABI...

*(A reminder)*

*The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) enjoined that and said: "Whoever does you a favour, then reciprocate, and if you cannot find anything with which to reciprocate, then pray for him until you think that you have reciprocated him." Narrated by Abu Dawood (1672); classed as saheeh by al-Albaani*.

To be continued..........
DATTI ABUBAKAR M.😉
_____________________

Your comment mean a lot to me as a starter
......... Like......