Chapter One

O m n i s c i e n t

Lil Wayne's ' I'm Single ' played through Kenyae's speaker as she washed her body up. "Said I Ain't Trippin Of Nun , I'm Sippin On Sum' &' My Homeboy Said He Gotta Bad Bitch For Me Tonighttt" She sung along , feeling herself . Someone banging on the bathroom door interrupted her shower session , making her roll her eyes &' cut the shower off. "Bro y'all don't ever be thinkin' bout dis bathroom til I get in here" she mumbled shaking her head &' drying off, somebody banged on the door once again this time somebody spoke out
"Yae hurry up man , I gotta shower too." Her oldest brother , Kari yelled to her with his towel wrapped around his waist &' his soaps in his hands , Kenyae silently mocked him &' scrunched her face up. Kenyae was honestly a sweet girl , her attitudes only flashed in when she was rushed , probably cause that was her biggest pet peeve.
"I'm coming!" She semi-yelled grabbing her robe off the hook that was nailed on the door , tied her strings &' yanked the door open . "Girl da fck was you doin'? Buildin a house?" He joked , she shook her head at him &' gave him a little laugh before walking down their long hallway. Finally stopping at her room walking in &' shutting the door behind her . Kenyae unplugged her phone &' checked the time.
8:47 am , was posted on her lock screen
she was late for school almost everyday even though she had her own vehicle , she just could never seem to get there on time everyday it was something. Opening her phone she sent her bestfriend a quick text

Yae♥️: ima be pullin up soon, please be ready bestfrienddd !
delivered 8:49
Her bestfriend quickly replied back to her message saying okay . After seeing the message she decided it was time to get dressed , Kenyae always dressed up for school . Not because she was flashy or cocky but because that was just her style , she loved to be cute &' honestly all she had was dress up clothes , mostly designers &' she had her dad to thank for that . Kenyae didn't like the way her father lived but she loved what came with it , the money , the protection , the respect , everything . With her father being the top kingpin she held almost just as much weight as him , everybody knew if they wanted smoke they better chose some other family than the Tone's.
* outfit in the mm *
After lotioning up &' rummaging through her clothes , she finally decided on a pair of light high waisted jeans , probably one of the few pairs of jeans she owned that weren't ripped , an all white body suit tank , that showed a little to none cleavage &' a furry blazer . she slipped a pair of socks on before walking to her mirror that was connected to her dresser . She took the pins out of her hair , letting the curls drop down her shoulders , she played with it a bit more to get it to her liking . Kenyae flashed a smiled satisfied at how she looked .
One thing Kenyae knew was that she was gorgeous , the pink she wore really complimented her brown but not too brown skin complexion , her deep dimples were probably her favorite feature cause she kept a smile on &' although she was kinda small , her thickness made her stand out ain't no way you could miss her.
Kenyae laid her edges , &' slipped her feet into her pink chanel's , she grabbed her charger , lipgloss , headphones &' a pack of gum &' stuffed them into her pink Chanel fanny pack. Once she grabbed her phone , she walked out her room shutting the door behind her.
Walking down their spiral staircase , Kenyae's family were having breakfast .
"YaeYae" Big Tone spoke , calling her by her nickname , she smiled at him &' grabbed a piece of toast leaning onto the island. "Hey daddy." she replied after taking a bite of the perfectly made toast .
"What you got up fa' da day?" He asked her , "I like yo fit , lookin like me." He added hyping her head up , Kenyae did a little spin then stepping back opening her jacket feeling herself even more . "Ya kno' I try , i try." She joked , making her siblings chuckle . Kenyae was the only girl out of 7 kids , she used to feel weird &' lonely as a child but now that she's older she just fits in. "I'm coming straight home after school, I want to go watch the basketball game though at Ti's ." She spoke, referring to her bestfriend's , Big Tone gave her a slight nod. "Fasho, but all y'all niggas need to be here befo' 10. I gotta drop , I want all y'all here til I get back." He told them. Tone didn't mind his children being out he knew they were well protected , but on drop night he just felt like he could never be too careful.
"&' tomorrow get yo ass up fa' school on time." He told Kenyae firmly , she wanted to roll her eyes but she knew better . "I'll try." She told him , pouring orange juice into her bottle . " love y'all , see y'all at 10." She semi yelled , walking out her door. She gave Ti a call telling her she was close , even though she hadn't even gotten off her street but Tiana was the definition of slow . Not book wise , they were both pretty smart but man something was wrong with Ti , I can't tell you what it is but she gotta loose screw or something. Regardless of that Tiana was a good person , she just didn't take no shit especially when it came to Yae because Kenyae was the humble friend , she didn't really make scenes or put on a big show when things went left but Ti did. By any means , if it's something she had to say she was saying didn't care who it was said too she wasn't a hoodrat though , just a little outgoing &' she stood up for shit she cared about , It was just law to her . Picking up Ti , she hurriedly got into the car for maybe the first time in forever
"Well look who didn't take 30 years." Kenyae's soft voice spoke with a smile on her face , Tiana smacked her lips . "Girl i dont even be takin dat long forreal." She spoke , reaching over to give her bestfriend a hug. "Hey bestfriend" Yae said during the hug . Pulling back from the hug Tiana spoke "So my fit , it's drippy or what?" She said smiling &' showing off.
Kenyae studied her outfit before hyping her up making Tiana show off even more
"Na bestfriend dey ain't seein you baby." Kenyae spoke with a koolaid grin on her face. " Man &' you either ." Tiana replied . They laughed at each other before pulling off towards the school.
* Tiana &' her fit below *