Chapter Four

Kenyae's View
Finally making it home , I plopped my bag down &' rushed to the bathroom i held my pee all day because I refused to used the school bathrooms ... absolutely fuckin not.
"Yae! You here?" I heard my dad yell , after wiping myself I quickly pulled my pants up &' washed my hands . "Yea Daddy , I'm in the bathroom." I said flushing the toilet , drying my hands &' walking out the bathroom to find my dad. Once we came into each others presence we pulled each other in an embrace he pecked my cheek. "Hey babygirl how was school?" He asked leaning back against the rail of the stairs , I sighed &' rolled my eyes at the thought of school . To be honest I was good at school , it was my senior year I pretty much got pass all the hard stuff I just have to ride through the year &' keep myself up. "School was coo , how was work?" I asked back giving him a small smile. "Work coming along, pretty soon you gone take over." He told me adding a laugh which made me think he was joking . "Nigga absolutely not." I told him back laughing , his smile dropped .
"Lil girl watch yo damn mouth." He spoke , making me mentally roll my eyes. "Think about it Yae, you could have the power . Everything could be yours , the streets , the money , the power." He tried to persuade me , I crossed my arms &' shook my head.
"Daddy , ion want the streets. I have money &' I definitely have power. Give the streets to Kayden." I said back , honestly.
My dad smacked his lips , "Kayden don't deserve the streets." He told me back being honest , Kayden didn't deserve the streets . He was the book smart child , graduated with all honors , valedictorian , he in college flourishing . "The streets don't deserve me." I said to my dad walking away , trying to get off the subject. "The streets don't deserve nobody Kenyae, you just gotta show it that you can control it." He said following me, I smacked my lips &' turned to face him. "Daddy I don't want the streets." I confirmed to him , cocking my head giving him a sincere look. "Okay." He told me faking a smile. I knew this wasn't the end of this conversation he was going to push &' I have the biggest soft spot for my dad so I was probably going to give in . But what I told him was true , I didn't want the streets that's a hard life to live too many problems for no reason .. but it would be coo to reign over the streets ya know.. be the head bitch in charge for some time, idk just a thought ...
4:56
I pulled out a couple fits for my date , Derin actually wanted to do something today. I figured he was bluffing, but he was honestly trying with me I like his energy. My phone vibrated signaling I got a text

I smiled at his message &' continued to respond &' text back sending my address

Grabbing my outfit i hurriedly slipped it on eyeing myself in my mirror , I smiled at how cute I looked .

I parted my hair to the side , fluffed it &' applied lipgloss. I snuck into my brothers room &' stole his chain , I had jewelry but nothing flashy , I was always so simple I wanted to show out a little.
I heard a car pull up which told me Derin was outside &' I needed to make it out the door before someone like one of my siblings seen his vehicle ... spoke too soon
"Kenyae who the fuck is dis lil nigga in the driveway, since when you give niggas our address?" Kujuan roughly spoke , his chin swinging as he walked to the windows to peak out the curtain , Juan always thought he was somebody daddy. "Dis my friend Juan, we going to get sum to eat." I told him finally meeting his face. He stared me down before sighing, "bro Yae make it back before 12 cause don't shit be opened after 12 but legs." He sternly said , grilling me . I smiled &' blew him a kiss. "I love you." I spoke walking out the door, I heard a faint 'I love you , be safe."
Before I slammed the door shut walking to Derin's car.