3. Watching Over You

"I'd do anything for you, anything to move mountains."
~LSD

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

Sebastian's POV
I wouldn't say that I'm a stalker. I just watch over her. I mean she looks so delicate and fragile. I don't understand Justin's hatred of her. I've always wanted to punch him in his face. But I stayed away. Jasmine has always been there, protecting her. But she left and now it's like leaving a lamb to the slaughter.

I usually stay to myself. I'm like Savannah. I don't have any friends. Except in my case, I choose not to have them. They're too complicated and I don't have time for that. Not when I have rent to pay.

But Savannah was different. I knew it when I first saw her freshman year. Her blond hair was always so soft and long. Her emerald green eyes always showed enthusiasm. Back in biology class during freshman year, she and I were lab partners. She had been awfully quiet and then, out of nowhere, she suddenly yelled out Jasmine across the room, "Jazzy, I want ramen! Feed me ramen!".

Jasmine just laughed and came over and patted her head. "Do your work, Savannah. You have to be nice. You can't let Sebastian do all the work."

Savannah's mouth formed into a perfect little pout. "B-but," she whined.

"No buts. Or else you'll be eating spinach for lunch," Jasmine replied in a firm voice.

Her pout went deeper but she just huffed and said fine. Jasmine chuckled and kissed her cheek. Their exchange had been very odd, to say the least. It had been as if I was watching a parent and child rather than two teenage friends. It was weird but it somehow intrigued me.

Savannah started to work on our lab report as Jasmine had whispered to me, "Watch over her for me, okay?".

And so I did.

I watched her work on our report, biting her lip in concentration. I found it incredibly cute how she worked so hard off from just a simple threat of having to eat vegetables. After class ended, I continued to watch her. For some reason, I became jealous of how Savannah followed Jasmine around like a lost puppy. I wanted her to follow me around.

I guess you can say that's when my stalker tendencies started to grow. I watched her stay small despite all of my other classmates suddenly hitting puberty. While some grew five inches taller and others grew bigger in cup sizes, Savannah stayed small and childlike.

I wanted to get to know her better; but I knew that if she began to know me on a more personal level, all I would bring her would be trouble. I couldn't do that her. I've already hurt enough people.

But that moment when I saw Justin kicking her made me want to kill him. Just because I didn't know want to get close with Savannah does not mean I was going to let somebody hurt her. I screamed hey at him and started running over. He took off and Savannah was left, lying on the floor bleeding.

I went over to her and was disgusted with what I saw. That bastard had kicked her and clothes were drenched with blood. But when I looked closer, what I saw terrified me. I had lifted up her shirt a little bit roses the damage but was horrified when I saw welts on her back. Justin was brutal but this was just monstrous. I don't think even Justin would be this extreme in his beatings. He liked to keep things stupid and stick with his fists and feet. This had to be done by someone else. But Savannah didn't talk to anyone else. This meant it had to come from the inside of her home...

I felt tears start to form as I recalled how Savannah was always smiling, always bubbly, and always happy. This person had suffered so much but still stayed pure and hopeful. I needed to get her help. And soon.

No person, not even someone like Justin, deserves an abusive home.

I could take her to the nurse and report it to the school counselor. But then Myra and Luis popped into my head. Their hatred of me for what I had done. If Savannah has wanted CPS, she would've told someone. She was incredibly intelligent. There had to be some kind of reason for her not wanting to tell someone. I didn't know her situation and I wouldn't make a decision that I didn't know anything about. I would wait for her to wake up and explain everything to me.

I was going to replace Jasmine. Savannah was too god damn precious for this world and I was not about to let it piss all over her. I would protect her. With everything I had. And if she knew pain from knowing me, then I would protect her from that too.

I picked up this angel very gently and felt her stirring in my arms.

She called out my name.

She knew me.

And I was about to know her.