Weakness

I shot up panicking forgetting where I was, I turned seeing Figueroa confused.

"Did you follow me?" I accused her, Beth was getting out of hand I felt I was being suffocated by her.

"I had a feeling you were gonna see a certain someone but when you took long once class was over I came inside" She was gonna follow me to the warehouse? What if she did find it would she call the cops again? "Annie told me you were seeing someone so I thought you were still in contact with our friend,"

"Beth this is Liam my..." Maybe this could work in my favor. "Boyfriend," I said as Mr. Figueroa said "Teacher" He turned to me looking bewildered.

"All the secrecy was because I was seeing Liam," I told her. "Isn't that right babe" Beth still didn't look convinced and I had a feeling Liam was gonna rat me out any second. " I am not seeing Rio, I am seeing Liam" I turned to Liam pleading with my eyes hoping he doesn't sell me out.

"That's right carebear, im sorry Elizabeth for keeping you worried" Beth's cheeks turned pink as the realization hit her that she must look crazy.

"No im sorry Liam I've just been really worried about my little sister you must be very charming; I have to go I'll see you later at home" She looked at me for the last sentence.

When Beth left I immediately relaxed rubbing my temples to stop an incoming headache.

"So what was that for 'cause no offense youre, not my type," Liam said.

"Beth does not approve my business deal with Rio. She thinks im still in that life so she's trying her best to make sure that doesn't happen" I grabbed my books texting Rio that we needed to meet.

I parked my car at the curb of the road seeing the name of the restaurant pop up, as I was walking to the restaurant I saw a man walking around the sidewalks asking for change. He looked at me before scurrying away, I shrugged it off heading inside seeing Rio in one of the booths.

"Is there a reason you wanted to talk here" Rio looked around the diner seeing familiar faces.

"They make the best waffles in town" He added with sarcasm.

"Its 2 in the afternoon" His face dropped for a second.

"Then change of scenery"

"I needed to talk to you about something" Here goes nothing. "
I had to tell a beth something" I moved my scarf showing the hickey almost faded but still there. "someone left me a mark which made beth way too suspicious" Rio grinned probably thinking about that night.

"your skin just makes it so much fun" I felt the blood rush to my cheeks but I tried to stay serious.

"I had to tell her I was seeing someone else " His smile dropped so he just focused on the food sitting in front of him.

"is that so" He was moving a piece of waffle around the plate. His voice turned colder and not the usual light-heartedness he normally emits.

"that sounds like jealousy," I told him.

"they waffles are my favorites and how they make it so crispy yet soft" He took another bite ignoring the statement.

"it's with Figueroa" I know Figueroa didn't want to tell Rio but with some convincing Rio is very reasonable"

"Figueroa? im gonna kill him how do you two even know each other" He stopped eating staring at me. I changed my position before speaking again.

"does it matter and no you are not I had to get Beth off my back," I'd think he'd be happy no annoying Beth would mean my suddenness to leave when I'm helping or something.