Boiling Point

I turned off the radio driving into the warehouse. I walked up the stairs seeing the light of the office on. I opened the door relishing that it was unlocked. Rio was from silent working in his laptop typing away. I took a few steps towards his desk, he still hadn't looked up but I think he sensed it was me.

"So yesterday was my birthday," He looked up at me closing his laptop.

"You're right, happy birthday," He was smirking as I stopped next to his desk.

"I was with my sisters yesterday but I was really craving something," I sat at the edge moving my hands to his chair.

"Oh yeah, what?"I grabbed the handle pulling his chair to me till his chair was in between my dangling legs.

"This," I glided my finger to his lips, then to his chest, "This" He stood up pressing himself against me.

"Let me give you your birthday present," He kissed me and I froze for a minute until I was able to kiss him back. He moved his hand till it was holding on to my neck pulling me into the kiss. He pressed onto me harder feeling him between his legs.

"Is that your gun or are you happy to see me" He smiled taking a step back moving his gun from his pants and placing it on his desk.

"So where were we?" He started kissing me again grabbing on to my thighs. Slowly he started lifting my dress and I tried hard not to react to it. My hands started spreading farther the lower he got. Once I felt the coldness of the gun I stopped.

"Rio" He hummed as he started kneeling.

I grabbed the gun using my heel to push him onto the wall before I took a few steps back aiming the gun at him. The suddenness shocked Rio but his face contorted into anger.

"What are you doing Lil Red?" The name I was getting used to now angered me. I felt lied to, betrayed.

"Dont Lil Red me, I know you were a liar and I know your plan" I spat to him, he tried taking a step closer but I started moving the gun which made him stop.

"What are you talking about, "He said.

"Dont act stupid I know you are trying to kill me and my sisters you should've killed me sooner," Rios face still had confusion written all over him. He took his hand out trying to get me to lower the gun.

"Put the gun down," My heart was absolutely racing, the truth was I never even shot a gun.

"For what so that you could grab it and kill me," Holding the gun brought to the last time I was holding this particular gun back at Beth's.

"I dont even know what youre talking 'bout," His office was soundproof, I learned from the nights I would stay overnight and his men never interrupted when the door was closed. I reached into my bag without breaking eye contact grabbing the note. I crumbled it throwing it to him.

He opened the note reading the contents inside of it, "Bringing back the memory," He threw the note to the side "I went to that location and was almost killed, can't be a coincidence."

"If I was trying to kill you I had many chances where I could do that," That where it got me confused as well. Was I just a toy to have fun with before killing me. Rio is smarter than that he wouldn't kill me in the traditional sense it'd bring too many questions.

"You want to make it look like an accident so police don't question you, that's why you broke Annies brakes," He started shaking his head.

"Sweetheart you're sounding crazy," He scoffed, for someone who had a gun on him, he was calm but then again this is probably normal to him.