Prologue: Long lost friend

Author note: this is my first fanfic.

Sorry for depublishing it but it just felt too flawed so I had to rewrite the chapters. Now I hereby present you a more decent story.

Hope you enjoy.

Disclaimer : I do not own naruto.

____________________________________

It was a cold night in Konoha and most villagers were very much fast asleep. It was so quiet that the sound of a cool breeze could be heard blowing around the village.

It had been slightly more than a week since the Kyūbi attack. After the burial of their hero, the Yondaime Hokage, almost everyone had tried their best to help rebuild the village in anyway they could. The Shinobi alone couldn't take all the credit of having repaired the damage caused by the Kyūbi no Kitsune.

Now they could finally sleep peacefully knowing that they were done.

Even in the dead of the night, the Anbu patrolling squads were out patrolling the many streets of the Leaf village but somehow none of them was aware that someone had sneaked in the village and was moving about with absolute stealth.

Suddenly they heard a loud cry coming from the Sandaime's, the current Hokage's mansion. Upon hearing the cry the nearest Anbu agents all started converging on the house as fast as possible.

______________________________

-Hiruzen's mansion-

Hiruzen was comfortably relaxing in his living room while reading one of his favourite books of the itcha itcha paradise collection.

He was happy to finally be able to relax because he had been working very hard since the Kyūbi attack. With barely any memory of the last time he'd even touched the book, he had been doing so much paperwork that he thought he was going to go mad. But even then be knew that his relaxation would be merely short-lived.

There was a saying mostly known and used by Kage which stated that every new sunrise brings it's own share of paperwork. 

Unfortunately for Hiruzen, his relaxation time was cut even shorter than expected when he heard a loud cry coming from outside his house. When he heard it he immediately stood up, threw his book on the table and went outside.

He was sure of one thing, those were most certainly the cries of a baby. Upon opening the door his eyes fell on a little baby in a basket covered with a blanket.

He narrowed his eyes, .

He opened the Gates and searched for the person who had left the baby. He caught the sight of a far away black figure speeding away in the night and melting in the shadows. If he wasn't so tired he would have gone after the person himself. But he was just gonna leave the work to the anbu.

A very important thing he noticed was the absence of the guards who were always stationed near his house in case of an attempt at his life. It was a possibility at the moment with how vulnerable the village found itself.

Some Anbu agents suddenly dropped near him stating that they'd heard cries and came to check. When they saw the baby, they checked if there were any explosive tags or other traps just to be sure. The only thing they found was a scroll on which a message was written.

When they saw nothing else, Hiruzen told them that were to find the two missing Anbu and was about to dismiss them when another Anbu agent arrived.

"Hokage-sama, briefings from the commander!"

"Report" Hiruzen ordered as he dismissed the others with a wave of his hand.

"Unidentified Shinobi, detected around the village walls, Failure of attempted capture" he said.

Hiruzen frowned when he heard this. It was most certainly the one that it was that one who left the baby. But that wasn't what troubled him. What troubled him was the fact that that ninja was able to sneak in the village and his compound and then get out with little to no trouble.

"Any abnormal event noted?"

"Negative, investigation is being held at the moment"

"Report immediately if anything is found" he ordered.

"Hai!" The Anbu said as he shunshin'd away.

His brain was going over all the reasons why someone from outside would come and drop a kid at his door of all. Who would actually dare do such a thing.

He decided to think about that later, he was surely gonna find out sooner or later.

Going back towards the place, he looked at the scroll that was in the basket with the baby. Opening it, he read,

This child shall be a great shinobi and shall finally achieve long lost goals. One day he shall destroy all those that shouldn't be and bring out all those that were shun.

Hiru-san, This is my last request. Take care of this child for me. Some day when he is ready, I shall come to claim him.

From a long lost friend.

After he was done reading, at first he couldn't manage to put a face to this supposedly lost friend. But then when he looked back at the message and what it said, it finally connected.

And when it did, he smiled.

'So you finally got it heh?' He thought before picking up the baby who was already sleeping.

He always trusted his senses, they had helped him in many a dire time. And Right now they were confirming that this baby had a potential in him that would lead him to greatness.

That night Hiruzen decided to train this kid. After all if he was gonna keep him for as long as he guessed he was gonna, then he wouldn't let him be a weak boy when it was time.

He went back in the house and sat on his chair. Then he thought about something. There baby's name should probably written somewhere.

When he looked back at the scroll he saw something else at the bottom.

P.s : His name is Uzumaki Shinji.

___________________

Anbu : Black ops, special Konoha military division tasked with the protection of the village as well as taking care of the darkest missions in the name of the village

Kyūbi no Kitsune :  Nine tailed fox

Sandaime Hokage : third Hokage