Sent Back In Time

AIKO'S POV

We got to Kyoto and I was having a blast with my sister. We went to a spa and Akira looked happy when we were in the hot springs, probably because it was helping her relax after all the coughing and the chest pains. We also had a lot of desserts last night at the restaurant, I ate so much I thought Akira was gonna have to roll me to our room. Now, we were gonna visit the tourist sights. 

I stood next to Azuchi castle and then Akira took the picture.

"OK, now let's get one of the both of us."

I said as I got my phone and we took a selfie of Azuchi castle in the background. We both giggled and then we went to visit the other sightings. Akira was struggling sometimes when it came to the large stairs and I knew I had to watch her since she couldn't normally than she used to. Akira stopped for a moment as we were walking past Honno-ji temple.

"Onee-chan, are you OK?"

"I'm fine...just...feeling a little tired, that's all..."

Akira said as she wheezed a little. I stood next to her and I said to her.

"Onee-chan, we can always go back to the hotel if you've had enough."

"What? ...and miss out the rest of the sights at this time of night? ...I don't think so, I'm the one who brought you here and it's my job to spoil you rotten."

Akira said as she ruffled my hair making me laugh. 

"But seriously Onee-chan, you haven't spoiled me this much since you found about...well you know?"

"Yeah I know, but...it's because you're doing so well in school and I've been a pain in the backside since this disease took a hold of me."

"You haven't been a pain in the butt, you're ill and you need some help sometimes."

"I don't need a nurse to help me, this is not like the flu or cold for that matter."

"But, there's also a reason why you brought me out here, isn't there?"

AKIRA'S POV

'I guess I can't keep quiet now, I have to tell her...'

"You got me...there is a real reason, come with me."

I said as we headed towards the temple. I stared at it a few seconds and I said to Aiko.

"Do you remember when Otu-san brought us here? we were so upset about Okaa-san leaving us, he brought us to this temple and we pretended we were in the Sengoku period."

"Hehehe, I remember, he was Nobunaga Oda, you were Mitsuhide and I was Hideyoshi, you always did play the villain so well, even I was scared of you back then."

"And you still are whenever I get into one of my moods with you."

"Hehe! that's true... this place feels like a distant memory even though Otu-san passed away a year ago."

"I know..."

I took a deep breath and I looked at Aiko.

"Aiko, there's something I need to tell you, it's about my illness."

"Your illness? what did the doctor say? is it getting better?"

I glanced away from her for a moment and I looked back at her, ready to tell her the news. 

"Aiko...I'm-"

My sentence was interrupted when I felt a drop of water land on my nose. We looked up and then it started to rain.