Promise Me

AIKO'S POV

I was helping Ieyasu with a few patients, who were some of Masamune's men, they were on patrol until they were attacked by rogue monks. I tightened the bandage on the soldier's leg and I said to him.

"Try not to put too much strain on it, stay off your feet for the next few weeks to keep the weight off it."

"Arigato, Aiko-sama."

The soldier said with a hint of blush on his cheeks. Ieyasu looked impressed when he saw my handiwork along with the other patients I attended to.

"Nicely done, Aiko, you're a fast learner."

"Well, I did plan to become a doctor before coming here, so this a piece of cake for me."

"Don't get too cocky now, by the way, how's Akira doing?"

"Hmm...she's been better but, Masamune has been visiting her a lot lately not to mention they've been hanging out a lot too, do you think there's something going on between them?"

I asked Ieyasu after cleaning up my hands.

"How should I know? but, if you ask me, she better not fall for him, he's a bit wild and-"

"Odd? crazy?"

"Exactly."

Ieyasu and I looked at each other and we both chuckled a little. 

'Weird, I always thought Ieyasu was cold-hearted like Nobunaga but, he's not a bad guy once you get to know him a bit better.'

I thought to myself as I tended to my next patient.

MEANWHILE...

AKIRA'S POV

"*Cough! cough!*"

I coughed out blood for the tenth time today while Masamune rubbed my back gently as I spat it out.

"How are you feeling now? any better after getting it out of your system?"

"A bit yeah..."

I said while wheezing a little. I wiped my mouth and I sat up properly on the porch. Masamune placed his hand on my forehead and he said to me.

"You're burning up a little, have you taken any of the medicine Ieyasu gave you?"

"Not yet, besides, what's the point? ...it's not gonna make me feel any better."

"I know that, but, you've got to at least take it to make it look like you're on the road to recovery to your sister, speaking of which, have you told her?"

I looked away from Masamune and I said to him.

"No, besides, it's not easy to tell her something big like this."

"I know it's hard but, sooner or later you've got to tell her, who knows much the infection has done to your lungs."

"You think I don't know that!!"

I yelled angrily and then Masamune looked at me shocked. I sighed a little and I said to Masamune.

"...Sorry, I didn't mean to snap."

"No, it's fine, it's my fault for pressuring you like that."

"I don't know what to do, half of the time, when I feel like I've got the words I can't just can't seem to let them out but, on the other hand, I'm worried how she'll react, I'm at a loss here Masamune."

I said as I lowered my head and then Masamune rubbed my shoulder.

"I know it's hard but, you've got to tell her and soon before it's too late."