She Better Make Every Second Count Before It's Too Late

AKIRA'S POV

"*Cough! cough!*"

I started coughing badly in the middle of the night and I had to get out of the room before anyone heard me. I was outside and I spat out more blood than usual. I gasped and wheezed a little and I thought to myself.

'Not good...I'm getting worse...come on body, don't fail on me now...I'm not ready yet...'

Once I've steadied my breathing, I started to make my way back to my room. Once I got back to my room, I collapsed onto my futon and I was completely out of energy. 

'I'm getting weaker and weaker every day...this is not good, I wish I knew how far the infection has spread already...oh well, the disease is slowly killing me anyway and I've gotta Aiko and soon before it's too late.'

I thought to myself before closing my eyes and falling into a deep sleep. 

THE NEXT DAY...

AIKO'S POV

"Onee-chan? are you feeling all right?"

I asked as I stroked Akira's head and she looked worse than she did yesterday. Akira coughed a little and she looked at me weakly.

"I'm OK...just feeling a bit tired.."

Akira said as I wiped the sweat off her forehead with a damp cloth. Akira slowly sat up and she looked at me.

"Listen, how do you feel about going shopping later, if I'm feeling a bit better?"

"Sounds good to me, Ieyasu said I could take the afternoon off."

"Good, now get going don't you have other things to do other than taking care of me?"

"As a matter of fact I do, but, I'll get someone to check up on you later, don't even think about leaving this bed until I get back."

"Yeah, yeah..."

Akira said before lying back down on the futon and falling asleep instantly. I sweat dropped a little, but, I understood why she fell asleep instantly like that. I left her room, quietly and then Masamune came over to me. 

"Hey, how's Akira?"

"She's looking paler than usual and I've noticed that she's been having trouble breathing for the last few nights, Masamune, has she told you anything?"

"No, nothing to me, why?"

"Well, you two seem pretty close I assumed she might have said something."

"If she did, I would have told you, now get going, you've got a set of patients to look at don't you?"

"As a matter of fact, I do, see ya."

I said before leaving Masamune and heading back to Ieyasu.

MASAMUNE'S POV

Once Aiko left, I opened the sliding door to Akira's room and she was wide awake.

"So you pretended to be asleep, how much did you hear?"

"A lot."

Akira said before slowly sitting up. I rushed to her side and I gently laid her back down on the bed.

"Oy, don't try and move."

"Geez, and I thought Aiko made a fuss *cough! cough!*"

Akira started coughing again and then she moved her head away from me so she didn't cough on me. Once her coughing calmed down, she looked at me and she said to me.