We Gotta Do Something To Help Those Girls

AIKO'S POV

I was sleeping next to Akira and when I woke up, I checked to see if she was still breathing and thankfully, she is. I sat up and I looked at her sleeping face and she continued to wheeze a little. I heard someone quietly opening the sliding door and it was Masamune.

"Hey, how she is?"

"Getting weaker...Masamune, is this why you two were being quiet around me? she told you didn't she?"

Masamune looked at me shocked before nodded his head.

"I see..."

"You're not mad?"

"How can I be when I just learnt my sister is dying...?"

Tears began to spill out of my eyes but, I thought I was done crying, however, no matter how many times I remembered last night's events, they continued to spill out of my eyes. Masamune rubbed my shoulder and he said to me.

"Look, why don't you go and see Ieyasu, maybe he can cheer you up?"

"I can't leave her...what if she doesn't wake up by the time I come back?"

"I'll be here, go on, don't worry, if anything happens I'll tell someone."

"All right...thanks Masamune, Onee-chan is so lucky to have someone like you."

I said as I got up and I left the room.

MASAMUNE'S POV

I sighed a little after Aiko left and then Akira woke up. I looked at her and then she looked at me with that weakened look on her face.

"Masamune...where's Aiko?"

"She's gone to see Ieyasu, she looked pretty upset."

"Can you blame her...? her only sibling is dying *cough! cough!*"

Akira started coughing again and she spat out blood again. I got the small bowl so she could be sick in it and she couldn't sit up properly when she did this. Akira gasped and wheezed when she spat out the blood like that. I rubbed her back and she said to me.

"I'm sorry you have to see me in this state."

"You don't need to apologise, lass, you can't help it."

AKIRA'S POV

Masamune gently stroked my hair when he told this with a small smile on his face. I placed my hand on top of his and I said to him.

"How can you sit there and smile at someone who's dying? aren't you sad or worried about me?"

I asked as Masamune gently dapped the damp cloth on my forehead to wipe away the sweat from my forehead. 

"I am, I just don't show it that's all."

It felt nice feeling the coolness on my warm skin. I tried sitting up but, the strength in my body was fading fast. I laid down on the futon again and I mumbled.

"No good...my body refuses to listen..."

"You can't get up now?"

"I want to but, my body feels like it's heavy as Iron...looks like this is the start of my life being completely drained."

"Oy, don't go saying stuff like that."

"I can't help it, all of that positive energy I had once before is gone, all I can do is wait for the end to come."

Masamune sweat dropped and then he said to me.

"I'm beginning to wonder if your illness has started to affect your brain."

I giggled a little when he said this and then Masamune patted my head.

"It's good to see you smiling, that's the best thing about you."

"The only thing that's good about me, the problem is...I haven't had much to smile about."

I said as I lowered my gaze sadly. Masamune looked as if he had an idea and then he said to me.

"Don't you go anywhere, I'll be right back."

"Where are you going? you're not gonna leave alone are you?"

"Relax, I'll get Mitsuhide to keep you company for a while, he told me how good you are at playing Hanafuda."

"Hehe, all right."

I said before Masamune left the room. I sighed a little after he left and I rolled onto my side before pulling the covers near my face. 

'So this is how Otu-san felt...knowing that his disease was slowly killing him...I wish this wasn't happening to me but it is...'

I felt tears in the corner of my eyes and the slowly spilt out of them.

'I'm...I'm scared...I'm scared of dying and leaving my sister...'

I buried my face in the pillow and I cried myself to sleep. 

AIKO'S POV

Nobunaga called a council meeting regarding the incident at Honno-ji. Turns out a monk called Kennyo was responsible for attempting the assassination and that meant my sister and I were off the hook but, I had a lot on my mind after finding out my only sibling is dying. Hideyoshi noticed that I wasn't paying much attention and then he starts to wave his hand in front of my face.

"Hello! Aiko!"

I snapped out of my thoughts and I looked at Hideyoshi.

"Huh? I'm sorry Hideyoshi, what were you saying?"

"Are you all right? you seem a bit distracted," Hideyoshi looked a bit concerned when he asked me this.

I lowered my head sadly and I decided to tell him and the other warlords about my sister's illness and how she's not gonna get better. After I told them this, Nobunaga and Masamune didn't look surprised when I told them about my sister's condition. Hideyoshi sat there with a shocked expression on his face and he looked away from me.

"I don't believe it...I knew she was sick but, dying?" Hideyoshi questioned with a shocked expression.

Ieyasu rubbed my shoulder and he showed some concern for me. "Aiko, I'm so sorry."

"It's not your fault, Ieyasu...*sob, sob*" I started crying when I remembered Akira telling me she was dying. 

Hideyoshi wiped away my tears with his sleeve and then Mitsunari asked me.

"Do you know how long she's got?" I shook my head for a no.

"I have no idea, but, my guess is she might have at least a month or two, judging from her current condition," I said as I remembered how weak my sister looked when I slept next to her that night.

The others were shocked and saddened when I told this. I looked at Nobunaga and he wasn't at least surprised.

"You already know don't you?" I asked Nobunaga and he then looked at me with an emotionless look on his face.

"Akira told me a month ago, she made me promise not to say anything to you until she told you what was going on with her," Nobunaga explained to me.

I lowered my head sadly and I shook my head.

"First she told Masamune and then you Nobunaga? ...why am I always the last person to be kept in the dark? I'm her sister for crying out loud!" I shouted in despair and then Hideyoshi hugs me gently and he stroked my hair as I cried my eyes out.

3RD PERSON POV

As Aiko cried her eyes out, Nobunaga said to Masamune.

"This is getting out of hand, fast."

"I know, we gotta do something to help those girls, especially Akira, she's been having a negative mood since her illness got worse," Masamune explained to Nobunaga.

Nobunaga looked at Masamune and he asked him.

"If you have any suggestions, I'm all ears," Nobunaga said as he listened to Masamune's idea to put a smile on the girls' faces.