Chapter 9

"Wait, let me hide the ultrasound machine..."
<<<•••>>>
Meanwhile- SCOTLAND:

"So there's a 10 AM to Glasgow to give us more time together before you went back," Wanda says as she hold Visions hand as they walk through the dark streets of Scotland.

"What if I missed that train?" Vis asks as he smirks at Wanda.

"There is an 11..." She trails.

"What if I missed all the trains? What if this time, I didn't go back?" Visions says as he stands in front of her.

"You gave Stark your word," Wanda says with a knowing look.

"I'd rather give it to you.." Vis says, making Wanda blush.

"There are people who are expecting me too, you know. We both made promises," Wanda says as she nods at Vis.

"Not to each other. Wanda... For two years, we've stolen these moments, trying to see if this could work. And... I don't know. You know what, I'm just gonna speak for myself. - I, I... I think...," Vis has trouble saying it so Wanda helps.

"It works," she says.

"It works," Vis repeats.

"Then stay. With me..." Vision says with begging eyes.

Wanda looks down, but then her eyes and attention drift to her left. Visions confidence went down as he became uncertain.

"Or not.. if you think I'm overstepping-," he gets cut off by Wanda stepping over to a better view of the TV in the kebab shop at which they had stopped, drawing Vision with her.

It shows coverage of the invasion of New York, the alien antagonists, and the disappearance of Tony Stark.

"What are they?" She questions, somewhat fearful.

"What the stone was warning me about. I have to go," he says as he kisses her hand and begins to walk away.

"No, Vision. Vision, if that's true... Then maybe going isn't the best idea," Wanda says, desperately. "Wanda I- AHHHHHHH" he scream in pain as Corvus Glaive appears suddenly behind Vision, stabbing him through the back.

Vision loses his glamour to return to his green, red and gold appearance, and is thrown down into the street.

"VISION!!" Wanda yells. She circles her hands, gathering up energy for a counterattack when Proxima Midnight blasts her from behind, knocking Wanda across the street and through a bistro's window.

Corvus Glaive pins Vision down and digs the point of his high-tech glaive into Vision's forehead in an attempt to extract the Mind Stone.

Vision screams out in extreme pain as the stone cracks barely.

Wanda commits her own surprise attack, blasts both of the aliens away, then lifts Vision and herself into a nearby courtyard, from where Wanda drags him to rest in a concealed alleyway.

"The blade.. It stopped me from phasing," Vision says breathlessly.

"Is that even possible?!" Wanda asks, concerned.

"It isn't supposed to be.." Vision trails.

Wanda gestures over his gaping wound, using her magic to knit him back together. Vision continues in a gasping, wry tone.

"I'm beginning to think... we should've stayed in bed," Vision says with a tiny smile.

Corvus Glaive suddenly arrives, knocking Wanda aside and grabbing Vision into the air.