Chapter 22

The Guardians go sailing into the air from the rebound....
<<<•••>>>
Meanwhile- EARTH:

Shuri is working steadily to complete the Mind Stone's removal as Wanda stands by tensely.

On the field, the Kingsguard, Borderers and Jabari have little success going against Cull Obsidian's chained hammer. The ruthless monster either sends them flying or punches them into the ground.

Black Panther gets free of his other sorties, leaps and uses all his collected kinetic energy behind a punch that lays Obsidian flat.

"Come and get some, space dogs!" Rocket yells as another wave of Outriders heads right for the raccoon-oid.

Bucky, having come up behind Rocket, grabs him with his mechanical arm, holds him at arms length and spins 540 degrees, firing his own M249 at the same time.

"Come on, get some, get some! Come on, get some!" Rocket yells a bit too excitedly.

Bucky drops Rocket, who looks up at him with an impressed gleam.

"How much for the gun?" Rocket asks as he adjusts his gun.

"Not for sale," Bucky says to the animal.

"Okay, how much for the arm?" Rocket re-asks his question. Bucky just gives him a look and moves to another position.

"Oh, I'll get that arm," Rocket smirks. On the other hand, you and Pietro still fight back to back.

"You know... I don't think I should've answered that call..." you say as you rest your hands on your knees, exhausted. Pietro chuckles as he flips his semi sweaty hair out of his eyes.

"I agree," he says as he walks up to you and puts his arms around your waist.

Three Outriders come straight at you as Pietro leans in. Your eyes glow gold as you and Pietro kiss. While in the kiss, you destroy the three Outriders skillfully.

"Do you guys always kiss in the middle of a fight?!" Steve asks as he punches an outrider with his shield. You smile and pull away from Pietro.

"It's our thing," Pietro shrugs as he runs off somewhere else. You fight next to Steve, now you two fight back to back.

The tides of battle cause Thor, using Stormbreaker to great effect, pushing him towards Cap and yourself. Together. The three of you break momentarily.

"New haircut?" Steve asks.

"Notice you've copied my beard," Thor says as he gestures to his beard. Cap nods, wearily gesturing at his own face with a shield-covered hand.

You run over to Thor and hug him tightly. For a weird reason, you had a strong connection with him. He was like an older brother but also a father, if that makes sense.

"It's good to see you lady Y/n," Thor says as he hugs you back, while shooting a lightning bolt at a advancing outsider.

"Same to you Thor," you say as you reach up to feel his now cut hair.

"It suits you," you say with a smile as you get back into the fight.

"Thank you," He grins widely as Groot skewers three Outriders with his right arm.

"By the way, this is a friend of mine. Tree," Thor says as he gestures towards Groot with Stormbreaker.

"I am GROOT!" Groot yells, you and Steven tense as he still holds the three enemies.

"I... I am Steve Rogers," "And I am Y/n rogers," you nod at him.

Back in Shuri's lab, a deep rumbling can be heard even at their height. Wanda looks down on the battlefield, and sees movement through the blazing forest between the troopships and the dome.