1

Barry

I lied there on the pavement after being pushed down and beaten. I don't get it. Why do they hate me? Grey clouds slowly approach. I feel a cold drop land on my face. I wipe away the blood from my nose and tried to get up but my body hurt too much. but i used all the strength i had to push myself to get up. It started to pour rain.

I dragged my feet to walk around and ended up sitting in the grass. tears slipped from my eyes and I pulled out my phone and texted my mom.

Me: hey mom. I'm gonna be home pretty late. Leave the side door unlocked.

Mom: sure honey. Be safe. If you need a ride or anything call me or your father.

End of texts

I lied down and thought about things. Things that usually make me happy. i thought about love, my favourite colors, sleeping and even about my old friends. the ones i had before i graduated middle school. When I thought of all the happiness that I could I got up slowly. I wiped the water and tears off my face and started walking home at a slow pace.

the sun went down and the stars came out. I was about a street away from my house when I looked up and saw a shooting star. I made a wish. And I hoped to god that it came true. I said it out loud.

"I wish I could get away from all this bullshit. In my own little version of earth." I said with my eyes closed in hopes of my wish would come true.

Next chapters are longer.

edited: 2020-07-07