12

Barry

We didn't have anything to do today. "Let's make a list." Said Corey. I looked at him. "Of what?" I asked getting up from the couch. "A list of places we should go before we go home." He said laughing. "How do we know if we have enough time to get everywhere?" I asked. "Oh my God just let us have one fun moment without stressing!" He exclaims shaking my shoulders.

We ran and grabbed a sheet of paper and a pen. We sat down at his dinner table and began writing places down. " new York definitely first." I said taking a seat next to him. He nodded and wrote it down. I tried to think of other places but couldn't. "It's okay we can think about them after we go to new york." He said looking at me.

-

That day we packed clothes and made tons and tons of snacks. Why? You may be asking. Well because We're going to New york.

It's was starting to get late. It was around 7 pm. I had shorts on and one of Corey's shirts on again. "hey let's go to the store and get jugs of gas. We're gonna need it for tomorrow's trip." I said "okay. Uh you go out to the car I'll get the keys." he said getting up from the table and putting his dishes in the sink. We ate dinner and we're going to head on our way.

I walked out to the car and Corey ran behind me. As we got to the car he opened the door for me. Then he ran around and got in himself. We started driving. "what are we gonna do when the time comes to get back to our families?" he asked.

"I have no idea but what I do know is that I'll always remember this. Having a real friend." I said looking at him. "Your only job is to wait. Don't forget about me. " I said. "I couldn't forget you." He said smiling.

"I wonder if there are any hot dog stands anywhere." I said thinking as we drove down the empty road.

Edited: 2020-07-10