Chapter 6

I know the chapter is long overdue so here it is!!

Also this book has hit 1.19k reads, gosh I'm so happy!!! Thanks so much guys❤️❤️.

Recap:

"No dear, we're going to your new home. We're going to Switzerland." He deadpanned."

†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††

Zuri's POV

I stared dumbfounded at the man in front of me, trying to comprehend what just came out of his mouth.

"What did you just say?" I asked calmly, hoping I didn't hear him correctly.

He bent down and held my chin up with his fingers to level my face with his and looked me in the eyes.

"We are going to Switzerland honey, that's your new home. At least for now." He replied.

I smacked his fingers away, as blood rushed to my ears and face, making me feel light-headed.

Suddenly, everything that happened in the past few days hit me with full force as well as the realization of the current situation I'm in dawned on me.

Switzerland is miles away from my home and the cathedral. All my memories of Rome will go down the drain, I'll be stuck with this man-beast, I won't have my own life to live anymore and I'll be forced to live a life like an animal and someday bear his childr... Never!! I rebuke it in the Lord's name.

"That is never going to be my home. I will never stay with you and your so called cult." I sneered at him with so much hatred, ignoring the looks and stares the other passengers gave me.

His eyes flashed golden as a low growl rumbled out from his chest making the atmosphere in the plane become thick with tension.

A few whimpers were heard as pure male dominance oozed out from my so called mate whose name I've forgotten.

"That place will be your home, our home, and the place where our children will be born, whether you like it or not. You are stuck with me for eternity and I'll make sure you never leave my side."

He stared at me with golden eyes and spoke with a deep, resonating voice that made chills run down my spine and goosebumps appear on my skin despite the cold temperature surrounding me.

Defiantly, I raised my head higher and glared at him with so much fierceness and determination burning within me.

"I will never give you children and I definitely won't be a part of your cooked up fantasy. I'll advice you look for another woman to fill up the space because I will never be a part of it." I retorted.

By now, his body was shaking so bad that I was scared he was convulsing. Fur began to appear on his arms and neck as his canines became longer and pointed. His pointed claws extended and he released a ferocious growl that shook the entire plane.

All these while, his eyes were fixed on me as I took in the sight of him transforming. To say I was scared would be an understatement, yet I stood my ground and stared defiantly at him.

Immediately, Barrett and another guy lunged at him and held him down on the floor, as he thrashed around creating claw marks on the leather seats and the floor as the other passengers scurried away.

Slowly, I stepped back clutching my head tightly as I felt dizzy and lightheaded.

Suddenly, everything became black as the last thing I heard was someone calling out my name.

†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††

Groaning, I slowly fluttered my eyes open, and a blurred white ceiling came into view.

I blinked twice, and looked around me trying to take in my surrounding.

The wall of the room was covered with lavender paint which gave a calm sensation. A huge plasma TV hung on the wall opposite the bed and a small coffee table was in the centre of the room.

White couches were arranged on the left side of the room as two windows, covered by cream curtains reflected a bit of sun rays into the room.

The room looked like it was still in the process of redecoration as everything smelt fresh and new.

I turned my head towards the door when I heard a creak. The door opened and a pretty young lady, probably in her early twenties entered the room, carrying a tray filled with fruits of different kinds.

She looked up at me in surprise, as if she wasn't expecting me to be awake.

I wondered how I even got here in the first place and who brought me here.

" Luna, you're awake. Good afternoon, and how do you feel?" She spoke with a thick french accent, and in a gentle voice, as she came towards the bed and set the tray on a bedside table I didn't take notice of earlier.

What is with everyone calling me Luna, I have a name for Christ's sake.

"I feel weak and tired but first I want to know how I got in here and where exactly I am." I responded.

She smiled a bit before answering.
"It's normal since you passed out on the plane. Alp- I mean Master Zale brought you back to his house. He was really worried about you. You're currently in his house in Geneva. Don't worry, you're safe."

"I brought fruits for you to eat. The doctor said you need a lot of vitamins.  So here they are. Bon appetit." She explained.

I had so many questions to ask but I didn't know how to get them out.

"What's your name?" I asked, looking at her.

" My name is Lucy. Short for Luciana." She smiled.

"Nice name Lucy. I'm zuri. Pleased to meet you." I smiled at her in return as she nodded.

"I'll see you later Luna, I have some things to attend to. Master Zale will see you soon." She said and left the room before I could call out to her.

Sighing, I shrugged off the duvet that covered my body, and reached out for the glass of water on the bedside table. I drank the entire content and placed the glass back on the table. I was about to reach out for an apple when a voice interrupted me.

"Getting comfortable already are we? I can see you're much better now." Zale spoke with an amused tone and a smirk on his face.

Gritting my teeth, I held the apple tight and in a swift motion, threw it at him, narrowly missing his head.

He chuckled at my aim and walked closer to me.

"Like I said you're much better. Welcome to your new home." He beamed at me.

††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††

Alright, that's the end of the chapter.

I'm sorry for the long wait and thank you for the new reads and those that added the book to their library, I hope you stick till the end.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter?

So, I'm almost in my final year and things are already becoming hectic. Turns out being a geneticist and a  molecular biologist isn't easy at all.

I'll try to update as often as I can. So I'll see you guys soon.

Enjoy yourselves and feel free to message.

Ciao

Mercy 💖💖.