•Too Damn Beautiful•

{•Edited•}
                          ~Ever's POV~

        I walk across the hall to what used to be the office to check on Santi, making sure he's asleep before going to Zane and mines. Like always she's in bed before me, curled up in a ball, but her eyes wide open. Laying down beside her, she cuddles up to my side, her hands finding their way under my shirt. Even after all this time, her touch still affects me like the first.
      "Why'd you stay in there for so long?" She asks, her words muffled by my chest.
    "Amor didn't want to be alone until she fell asleep," I tell her. She immediately shoots up, still looking exhausted, but also now looks like she could run a marathon. "She told me she was scared of herself. Zane, if she's having suicidal thoughts again, I don't know what else I can do to help her."
     She cups my face in her hands, staring into my eyes. "You've done all you can do," she says. "We both have, but I don't think this is something we can fix. She has to figure that part out, which is terrifying." Tears well up in my eyes.
   "I can't lose her," I say, my voice hoarse and cracking. "She's my baby girl, I'm supposed to die first, if she does something to herself-" I'm cut off by the tears when they start escaping, a sob wracking my body. I never cry I can't remember the last time I did.
     "You won't lose her," Zane tells me. "She could have let you leave and hurt herself when you went in there, but she wanted you to stay because she obviously didn't want to. You're the best dad ever, and you've done everything you can do to try and help."
     •••••••
                          ~Amor's POV~

       This was the first night in so long where I've actually gone to sleep before three in the morning; still not a solid eight hours, but it's more than I usually get. I didn't want to be alone last night, scared of what I might do to myself if I was; and I feel bad for letting my dad know that. He'll stress himself out about me when he's already stressed about Santi in school.
     "You okay?" Nina asks, throwing her arm over my shoulders. I nod, laying down on the blanket she brought with us to the beach. It's hot as hell, but I'm still wearing jeans and a blouse, not comfortable enough to wear a bathing suit. Nina has always been the most confident person I know, second to Don.
    "It's just hot," I say, covering my face with her towel.
     "You should have at least worn a tank top," she tells me. "Or a bathing suit. You have a nice body; flaunt it while you got it." I wish it was that easy for me. I don't have anything to flaunt. "Marcus and Adriel are here." Great. He's the last person I want to see.
     "Is she dead?" I hear Marcus ask with a chuckle. Someone pulls the towel off and the first thing I see is multicolored eyes.
    "She's alive," Adriel says throwing the towel back on my face. I take it off and sit up. "But might die from heatstroke." I look down at myself for the twentieth time today.
    "She wouldn't wear a suit," Nina says, rolling her eyes.
    "Oh, come on, Amor. I would love to see you in a bikini," he says, eyes lowering further and further. I hate that I let myself open up to him so easily last night; I don't even know why I did that. "Or nothing at all. You're choice."
     I stay quiet, looking away from him. "Stop teasing her," Marcus tells him. "I will beat you with her brother in laws bread roller."
     "You know about the roller too?" Adriel asks, eyes widening.
     "We all do; we know it very well," Nina says. I stay out of the conversation, looking at the water. I never come here much because the smell of sand makes me nauseous, but it is beautiful. Something falling on my shoulder makes me look away. I remove the black fabric and look up. Adriel stands with a muscle tank on above me, the outline of his abs clear as day.
     "You're such a fucking douche," Marcus says under his breath. I look away, not wanting to stare too long. I'm not blind to his looks, he's very handsome and has his whole "jokester bad boy" look down, but his personality is what kills it. Unless it's his personality last night; he wasn't the same.
      "Why don't you just take your shirt off? A bra is technically the same thing as a bikini top if you don't get in the water," Nina tells me. My face heats up. "Do what you want, but I'm going to the water." She grabs Marcus's hand and pulls him to the waterline, smiling from ear to ear.
      "So, am I gonna have to punch someone to make you smile again?" Adriel asks as he drops down next to me. I just look away, taking a deep breath. "Come on, you talked to me last night, why's right now different?" Because now you're acting like a douche.
    "I'm just not in the mood for talking," I mumble, letting sand slip through my fingers. He gets up, his eyes narrowed.
    "I'm really trying my best to be nice to you," he says. I look up, ignoring his great physic. I keep my attention on the tattoo on his wrist.
    "You don't have to be nice to me," I say. "Be a jerk for all I care." He scoffs, shaking his head.
      "I would, but you're too damn beautiful to be mean to," he says. Someone drown me, please.

     AN: Amor definitely isn't a fan of Adriel's flirting, and he's not a fan of her not talking to him, two things that need to be straightened out. And I'm I going to be doing that anytime soon? I don't know, maybe, maybe not. I hope you guys enjoyed!
      Question: How do you guys feel about his flirting? Do you think she secretly likes him or no?
     Please check out my other stories, comment, vote, and share! Believe in yourself -Vaeh