•You're An Idiot•

{•Edited•}
                          ~Amor's POV~

          "Why are we back here?" I ask, as Adriel parks at the beach. This time it's nearly empty except for a few families with their kids. He unbuckles himself and gets out without answering me, gesturing for me to follow. I get out and follow him to the tower of rocks and sit down.
    He drops down next to me, wrapping his wraps around his knees. "This morning, you almost looked relaxed when you looking at the water," he says. I'm surprised he noticed that during how much he was talking. "I thought that after I embarrassed you by my public affection for your ass, you would to take your mind of everything."
     "Why are you so two-sided?" I ask. "One minute you're bouncing off the walls and saying annoying inappropriate things, and the next you're a decent person." He chuckles, messing around with the sand.
       "I don't know," is all he says. I lay back, not caring around the sand that'll get on my hair.
     "It's less looking at it and just hearing it. I've tried using ocean sounds on my phone, but it's not the same," I tell him. "It is beautiful though, but also scary." He snaps his head over to look down at me.
   "Why's it scary? It's not like a shark is going to be a the shore." 
    "For me, I wish a shark would be," I tell him so he'll get it. He sighs, laying back. We're so close our noses are almost touching, but I don't bother moving because I'm comfortable in this position.
     "Do you believe in God?" He asks. I nod, surprised he asked something like that. "How? When you live in constant fear and think the way you do? Isn't it hard to believe that someone that's said to do so much good exists if you're in misery?"
      My eyes search his, trying to find the right answer but I'm honestly getting too lost to think. I look away, clearing my throat. "I don't believe he did this to me because I also believe in the devil. He's trying his best to help me and I have to trust the route he's taking me on. For me, I believe that my therapist telling me that I should be around you to distract me with my problems was God's doing. He's helping me." 
     I look back to see his expression. He looks dazed, like his mind is no longer here, or very here,  there's no in-between. "My mom used to tell me that if I believed, things would get better, nothing ever did." Now I'm left wondering about his mom.
     "Did you really believe though?" He shrugs. "That's the problem; you didn't trust him. You have to depend on him in situations of need, that's when he shines his light the most."
     "I met the devil once, and he didn't like me. He said he was afraid I'd overthrow him or some shit," he says. I roll my eyes, turning away finally.
    "You were doing good for a while, then you just ruined it." He runs his hand through his hair, grinning at me. He props himself up on his elbow.
    "You really are beautiful."
    "You're an idiot." He snickers, shaking his head at me.
     "You don't take compliments very well do you?" I shake my head in answer. "I'm gonna have to do it more than so you just learn to get used to it. You're beautiful, your eyes are the best thing about you, and your ass is pretty nice." I chuckle, covering my face. "Was that a laugh I heard?"
     "No," I say, still giggling.
     "Oh yes, it fucking was. The idiot made you laugh. See now, I would compliment your smile, but you never do except for that one time in the car, so if would just move your hands-"
    He tries prying my hands away from my face as I keep laughing at his stupidity. His strength finally overpowers mine and my hands fall.
    "See, you're smile is beautiful too." My face heats up and I have to look away from him. "You wanna go to the water?" He asks.
     "No, I can't get wet," I tell him.
     "Just roll up your jeans and we'll stand right there," he says, getting up and taking his shoes and socks off. Groaning, I do the same, following close behind. A small line of blood stains on the shoulder/back area of his shirt. He stops at the water and turns back me.
     "What happened?" I ask. His brows pull together in confusion. I turn him around by his shoulder and look at the spot, about to lift the hem to see if he's okay due to the bloody spot getting bigger slowly. He turns around and grabs my wrists, shocking me.
     "Don't do that," he says, suddenly sounding angry. I nod, looking at his hands wrapped tightly around my small wrists he lets me go and takes a long breath. "We should just go instead. I forgot I have something to do."
       I'm honestly a little disappointed, but nod. We go back and get out shoes and socks back on, not saying a word. When we get to the car, I get in while he opens the truck. I look through the review mirror to see him taking his shirt off, grabbing another one from the trunk.
     I can't keep my eyes from roaming over his bare torso. He closes the trunk and gets in. I look away from him, staring out the window.
      He grabs my hand, making me look back at him. His eyes examine the bright red area from where he grabbed. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you."
     "It's fine, it didn't hurt at all." I can tell he doesn't believe me but doesn't say anything the whole drive to my house.
     My stomach drops when I see my dad talking to Zurine in the lawn, both their attention turning towards the car. "Shoot," I say under my breath.
   "What?"
    "Nothing, just hurry and get out of here unless you really wanna meet the roller."

      AN: I really like this chapter. He's adorable but very often ruins it with his stupid comments. Amor is very slowly starting to come around towards him. I really hope you enjoyed?
     Question: What do you think will happen in the next chapter with Amor, Zurine, and Ever? Also, what did you think about her almost finding the marks on his back?
    Please check out my other stories, comment, vote, and share! Believe in yourself -Vaeh