meeting mr wrong

"That's it! I've had enough of this torture! No human should be subjected to such pain!" My cute little brother, Jace, cried from our comfy sofa. Jace insisted that we watch the latest instalment of his favourite Yoga tutorial videos. He continued to yell obscenities aimed at the middle aged instructor on our screen who, according to Jace, 'butchered the great art of Yoga'.

"Quit it," I playfully groaned as I shoved him off of the couch and kicked his back. Just then, I heard my mother call from the kitchen. "Esmerelda! Come here please!"

I quickly ran to my mother. As I entered the kitchen, I was hit with the soft aroma of homemade goods, which was rare in this house and almost always meant that something was wrong. I carefully eyed the cookies sat on the mahogany table. "What are these for?" I asked, devouring three at a time.

"Those are from our new house guest" Mother said, an uneasy tone to her voice.

My gaze changed from the odd tasting cookies to my mother, only to see that we had company. Really hot company. The boy standing next to her was conveniently my age. He had a chiseled jaw and defined features. Bright blue eyes stood out behind dark curls which fell perfectly around his face. His gorgeous lips were twisted into an attractive yet douchey smirk which was clearly directed at me. "Who's this," I blushed, my mouth still full of cookie.

"This is Spike Rasturdian. He will be staying in your room for the next month whilst his parents are in Italy. I should warn you that Spike was a notorious bad boy at his old school which he has recently left in order to attend your school. He will more than likely try to hook up with you over the next month. Let's just hope that there's no rape involved!" Mother nervously joked.

"What?!" I felt my cheeks turn a bright shade of crimson.

"I think you heard her, roomy," Spike smirked.

I was beginning to understand why his parents went to Italy without him. I had only known him for a short amount of time but judging by the first thing he said to me which I couldn't have possibly misinterpreted, this guy was a douche bag.

"Let me tell you something, Spike. I don't know who you think you are but I will not tolerate this behaviour!" I was taken aback by my sudden outburst of pent-up aggression, and found my cheeks once again heating up. I wasn't sure what it was about him, but something made me hate Spike with a burning passion.

"Calm yourself, darling. I'm just playing around," He smirked. My emerald eyes narrowed to a glare.

I opened my mouth to vocally broadcast my feelings of hatred towards this male when I was interrupted by my mother.

"Perhaps you should show Spike where he will be sleeping," I rolled my eyes in an angst filled teen way then guided my new acquaintance up the hard wood stairwell into my bedroom.