Hell's Kitchen

I stood in the kitchen, completely clueless. The kitchen was certainly out of my comfort zone, but I felt so bad about what happened earlier today that I decided to bake apology cookies for Duffy. After smashing two eggs and leaving large chunks of shell in the mixture, I realised that this task may be harder than first expected. However, thanks to a silent miracle, I managed to make the mixture, set the cookies out on a tray and preheat the oven disaster free. I didn't encounter a problem until I had to put the cookies into the oven. I warily placed the tray inside of the oven and, unknowingly, set the sleeve of my top on fire. A few seconds had passed when I started to smell burning and searing flesh. I looked to my arm and saw.

Quickly, I tried to put the fire out with water, to no avail. I saw no other option, so I hurriedly pulled my top off of my body, stamping the fire out with my foot. Just then, Spike entered the room. He turned to see me standing in the kitchen, topless with a burn wound on my arm.

"What happened to you?" He asked, clearly worried about me.

"I had a bit of a cooking mishap," I blushed as his large fingers traced the wound on my arm.

"This looks pretty bad, we should take you to the hospital,"

"It's fine, we have some band aids in the top drawer," I smiled reassuringly, yet he still eyed the wound with caution.

"I don't think that band aids are the best way to deal with burns," He looked up from my arm, suddenly realising that I was topless. I watched as his gaze fixed on my chest which agitated me greatly. How dare he ruin our heartfelt moment of bonding by staring freely at my tits. Without thinking, I extended my hand and slapped him right across his sexy, stupid face. His jaw dropped.

"WHAT WAS THAT FOR!?" He screamed, dramatically clutching his cheek.

"YOU WERE STARING AT ME! I SAW!" I also yelled.

"THATS BECAUSE YOU HAVE NO DAMN SHIRT ON!" He made a good point.

"I guess you're right," I whispered, blushing for no apparent reason. I just realised that I hadn't blushed for a while and felt that it was due.

"I know. Shirt up, princess," He smirked, leaving the room.

-

That night I woke at midnight to the sound of a faint tapping on my bedroom window. I quickly opened it, not worrying that I might disturb the sleeping male at the end of my bed or accidentally let a murderer into my bedroom. Luckily, it was just Duffy with mascara tears running down her cheeks.

"Is Spike here?" she questioned desperately.

"Well, nice to see you too, asshole," I sarcastically spat.

"Shut up, Esmerelda. Just shut your fat mouth," she climbed through the window, immediately racing to the side of Spike's sleeping body and giving it several harsh jabs with her long fingers.

Spike woke abruptly, batting Duffy's fingers away.

"What is it?" He questioned, still half asleep.

Duffy did not reply, but simply handed Spike a small white pregnancy test.

"I'm pregnant. You're the father," she quietly cried.