When Duffy Met Spike

After a long bombardment of questions from Duffy during lunch and tiring subjects all day, I was glad to be home. That was, until I remembered that he would be there.

"Have a good day, Princess?" a familiar arrogant voice asked.

"Have a good day, dung brain?" I was too exhausted to think of a clever name to call him.

"Well, it's hard not to when you look this good," he grinned, giving me a wink.

"So modest," I sarcastically stated, rolling my eyes.

After a moment of comfortable silence passed between us, the familiar ring of my mobile phone was heard. I saw that it was Duffy and quickly answered.

"Hey Esmy!" Her shrill voice shouted.

"Hey Duffy," My tired voice mumbled.

"What are you doing at this very moment?" She questioned.

"Talking to you,"

"Ha Ha. Clever." She sarcastically replied. "Is Spike there?"

"Yes," I glared at him.

"Perfect. I'm coming over," Before I could tell her otherwise, Duffy had hung up the phone.

-

I sat at the table, across from Spike and Duffy. The two were getting along well. A little bit too well. They were clearly flirting with one another and sat mere inches apart. I didn't understand why but for some reason I hated watching them. Perhaps I was jealous...

No. That wasn't possible. This was expected from the two. I shouldn't have cared, I hated Spike and Spike hated me. Or, at least, Spike hated me. But, For some reason, I cared a lot.

I continued to stare in silence as Duffy flirtatiously grabbed Spikes strong arm whilst looking into those gorgeous eyes of his. He grinned, as did she. I decided to avert my eyes. As I fixed my gaze on a bird out of the window, I could hear the two giggling, until their giggles turned to whispers in one another's ears. Spike whispered to Duffy and she grinned. Suddenly, the two informed me that they would be going to Duffy's house to 'watch a movie'.

I sat alone at the table, trying not to think about what the two would be doing alone together. I knew that it definitely wouldn't involve watching a movie.

My thoughts were interrupted by a young boy's scream coming from the next room. I quickly lept from my chair and ran to the room to find Jace laying on the floor with his foot twisted a full 360 degrees, a Yoga tape playing on the TV screen.

"Are you ok? What happened?" I questioned, rushing to his side.

"I was trying to perfect my Yoga when something cracked, now I can't feel my foot," He cried. I lifted him, causing him to wince in pain. I carried him to the car, throwing him into the passengers seat, then drove to the hospital.