To Grandmother's House We Go

Taehyung found himself driving down a familiar dirt road, that led to the familiar trailhead, that led to a familiar forest. This had become a habit. Every day, when he got off work, he would find himself driving down this winding road, hope building in his chest, one thought bouncing around his head.

~Maybe today will be the day I will see Jungkook again~

But everyday he would drive back from his hike with a crushed spirit, not having glimpsed anything even remotely pink. It had been a month since he had lat set eyes on that mysterious bunny boy, and he was beginning to lose hope in ever seeing him again. Tae didn't know it yet, but today would be different.

The February weather was still cold, and a brisk wind met him as he stepped out of the car. He pulled his coat tighter around himself, snuggling into its warmth, as he set out onto the trail. Even though Tae never saw Jungkook, the hike was not all for nothing. He enjoyed the scenery. It helped clear his head after a long day of work.

His feet crunched into the snow as he started walking down the familiar path. He smiled, gazing at the frozen wonderland surrounding him, breathing in the cool crisp air. The bare trees sparkled when the light hit their ice covered branches. The ground was so white it almost hurt to look at.

He liked times like these, all sound being absorbed by the blanket of snow covering the ground, the feeling of being completely isolated. It felt as of this was a whole separate world, one only he knew of, where he could come and organise his thoughts, away from all the distractions of reality.

A loud howl pierced through the peaceful silence, startling Tae. Whipping his head back and forth, he tried to figure out the direction from which it came.

~What was that?! It sounded like a wolf...~

Tae gulped, hoping that whatever made that sound was far far away. He considered turning back, but realised he was already more than halfway to the end of the trail and it would be faster to just keep going.

He quickened his pace a little, hoping to get out of the forest before the owner of that howl had a chance to pick up on his sent.

He was too late.

He stood there frozen in fear as he watched the horror unfold in front of him. A snarling pack of bloody mouthed wolves appeared in the distance, chasing, what appeared to be, a small pink fluffball. The wolves were gaining ground on the little puff, jaws snapping after its fluffy tale. That's when Taehyung realised the fluff was a rabbit, and that rabbit was making a b-line for him. Utter terror was seen the bunny's wide eyes, as all he could do was keep running, and hope the wolves would eventually get tired.

~Fuck! What do I do? Fuck, Fuck, FUCK!~ Tae tried to think clearly as panic flooded his senses ~It's ok Tae. You need to calm do- SHIT! THEY ARE GETTING CLOSER!!!~

He racked his brain for what to do when in a dangerous situation. Only one thing came to his mind, he dropped to the ground and began rolling around in the snow.

"YOU IDIOT!" somebody screamed, "RUUUUN!" The voice was getting closer as it kept yelling, and Tae figured it must have been the rabbit. Realising what he was doing he shot back up onto his feet and started sprinting in the opposite direction of the wolf pack, as he should have done before, instead of stopping, dropping, and rolling.

~Stupid!~ he chided himself mentally face palming ~You only do that when you are on fire~

The wolf pack was gaining on him, he could hear their howls and growls growing closer behind him. He felt someone grab his hand and tug him forward, forcing him to run even faster. Tae stumbled, tripping over his own feet as he desperately tried to match with the pace at which the hand pulled him. Fortunately the person holding his hand would not let him fall, they yanked Tae back-up, with a grip like iron, nearly pulling his shoulder from his socket. They took off again, it was all Tae could do to keep up.