5. light bulbs

dedicating the chapter to voodoodxll_ bc she's my best friend and i love her very much even though she h8s me 98% of the time

i'd like to say i'm sorry for this chapter and is2g next is gonna be great dont giv up on me

☁☁

LUKE’S POV

The music in the amusement park was great. I would bet my life Michael had helped with the playlist because there were a lot of bands he liked in it. I knew that because of his t-shirts and the way he knew all the lyrics by heart and danced and sang around when they were on. I would literally pay to see him do all that, he was so passionate about everything.

It was the end of the week already and even though I worked with him for more than eight hours a day we had been really busy and we didn’t talk that much. Anyway, when we talked it was him basically who opened his mouth because I was speechless most of the time. I lived in a constant fear of making a fool of myself –well, even more– in front of hot people, and that of course included Michael. I didn’t even dare to eat if he was around, like seriously, how dumb I was. Hint: really dumb.

Once again everyone was gone and I was up on some ladder, changing one of those coloured light-bulbs. I was hoping someday I could steal some, they looked cool and stuff. I was humming the song that was on at the moment, a Green Day one. I was so concentrated in doing it right that I didn’t feel him approaching me.

“Yo, what’re you up to, aussie bad boy?” I couldn’t see him but I could imagine him smirking.

Did he just say that and with that voice and everything? This was new material for my lonely nights, like seriously, stupid Michael with his sexy voice and those things he said to me what the hell was he even trying to do. If I was confident and if I knew for sure Michael liked cock I would just tell him to fuck me already and stop messing around because I craved him I mean my dick cried for him literally and figuratively. Not now but many times it did.

The light-bulb fell from my hands and hit the floor, my heart was racing and I lost the stability on the ladder. I could see myself falling –again– from there, but instead two hands grabbed me and helped me stay up.

Michael was behind me, one hand on my waist, one on my butt, both held tight. His fingers were pressing my skin and I was shaking and still trying to find some kind of balance again. Michael Clifford was touching my ass and I was really excited about it, to be honest. I was really embarrassed too and all red and panicking on the inside and begging for my dick to stay calm.

“Are you gonna fall if I let go?” I heard Michael ask and I shook my head fast as I had one hand on my chest, feeling as if my heart was gonna jump out of my ribcage.

Michael looked up and run the hand that had been holding my waist through his hair, while the one that was in my ass moved and grabbed now my leg. I think Michael didn’t really trust me with all the not-falling thing. I scoffed when I saw it and Michael only shrugged his shoulders, looking at me with a smile.

“I was changing the light-bulbs.” I looked at the shattered bulb in the floor and scrunched my nose. “But I failed at it.” I said in a whisper, nodding with my head lightly.

“I’m so sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you or anything” I looked at him and he was genuinely sorry. “You should get down and I’ll do it.” He suggested, with a smile. I could see all his teeth, they were so cute. I flushed again and shook my head no.

“You make me suffer up there, I don’t wanna spend my summer alone” With his free hand he played with his septum and I swear his cheeks turned pinkish.

☁☁ 

I sighed deeply when we were outside the amusement park. “I’m so not feeling like going home” I whispered, talking to myself.

“Yeah, me neither” I heard Michael. I looked at him under the streetlights and yes, he looked as handsome as always. His faded lilac hair, crazy as always, his super pink almost red lips, his skin pale as fuck and those damn green eyes. He sat down on the pavement and I did the same.

“So” I cleared my throat “you made the playlist, right?” I asked, biting my lip and playing with my hands. “I like it” I said in a low voice. He nodded proud and happy.

“Thank you. It’s been like five years since I work in the amusement park and after being really annoying and insisting a lot they let me make one” He raised his arms in victory. “Sometimes I work nights and everything, even though I’m not a security guard, it’s obvious.” He chuckled and played with one of his bracelets. “But they just trust me a lot, I guess.” He paused and then looked at me. “And working nights sounds shitty but it’s actually really fun and I get to do whatever I want wherever I want.”

“You know” I started, then stopped. I was sitting there with my feet on the skateboard, my long legs moving it from side to side and my eyes fixed in it. I could feel Michael’s gaze, waiting for me to keep on talking. “I- uh” I gulped “well I mean we uh” The struggle was real, and Michael cut me off.

“I’ll try and talk to the boss, maybe we can work Friday night” I looked at him and smiled shyly. He just smiled back. “I’m so looking forward to it, it will be fun.” He said looking at the sky.

What did I just do, why did I agree to spend so many hours with Michael. Just him and me. I could tell this was going to be a disaster and I was going to faint and I was going to fail at life once again could someone punch me in the face with a wrecking ball because I’m sure as hell that would hurt less than being the ultimate asshole with Michael. Again.

“Well, I guess I’ll head home now.” He said, groaning as he got up.

I did the same and got in my skateboard, my feet kicked the floor to get going. In all seriousness I was so awkward I bet that was the reason Michael was leaving already. Stab me with a spoon until I die please.

“Hey, Luke!” I heard Michael’s voice, a bit far now. I stopped and turned around. “Luke Hemmings!”

“Yeah?” I was on the skateboard as I screamed and looked at Michael. Well, at his lilac head because his clothes were all black, it was dark outside and he wasn’t under any city light now.

“I really like your voice, try and talk to me more!” He screamed from the other side of the street. “And don’t fall on the way home, please!” He turned on his heels and started walking again.

Too late, Michael Clifford, because as soon as he had said “please” I had fallen off the skateboard and on my ass. I laid on the street and rubbed my face with my hands, smiling like an asshole. My butt hurt, I didn’t know what I was going to do next time I saw Michael and I was a nervous wreck, but boy was I fucking happy. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so i know ash and cal didnt make it in here but maybe next chapter idk 

and yea this was a bit meh and duh and pretty awful and i'm sorry about it but it was necessary because you know mUKE IS GONNA HAPPEN SOON and luke needed a break 

oh yEAH AND THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR READING I MEAN I THOUGHT NOBODY WOULD READ THIS BUT OMG YOU MAKE ME SO HAPPY 

so if you liked it pls vote and comment maybe? xx