Chapter 2 - The Undertaker

DEAN:

We trained hard everyday with Jayce who was fierce inside the ring and out. She barely spoke but her eyes looked as if they could pierce through your soul. And her voice could silence a room.

She had a match against Paige last night which unfortunately she lost but on Monday, she teams with Paige to wrestle against Brie Bella and AJ Lee.

"Dean, can you help me stretch out?" I look at Jayce, she was already in the splits.

"Sure." I walk towards her and grab her back leg and pull up gently.

"Keep going." I continued to push towards her when she told me to stop. She grabbed the leg I was holding and bent her head towards the foot.

She gets up. "Keep me stable." I look at her but she just lifts her left leg up, faltering a bit. I hold onto her torso while she lifts her leg up as high as it could go.

She does the same with the right one which I realized she was babying it.

"Something wrong with your leg?" She looks at me.

"Yeah, I hurt it a bit during the match with Paige."

"You'll be fine though, right?"

"Maybe." She shrugs and I let go of her torso.

She walks towards the weights and I go towards the treadmill.

I glance at her - she sure is tough.

PAIGE:

I stretch my neck and shake my shoulders as I walk into the weight room to find Dean and Jayce working out.

I watched her right leg because during our match I heard a popping sound coming from it. I skip up to her and smile.

"How's the leg?"

"It's fine."

"Good." She goes back to lifting weights and I sit beside her. She looks at me curiously, which I return with a smile.

I begin to stretch as she gets up and puts the weights away and joins Dean on the treadmill. I watch them for a while until I realize that AJ was standing beside me, trying to get my attention.

"Paige. Paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaige!" I look at AJ.

"Yeah?"

"What are you staring at? Oh, Jayce."

"She's nice."

"How? She never speaks to anyone and when I go to try to talk to her, she stays silent and walks away."

"Maybe she just doesn't like you. Does that bother you?"

"Yes, it does! I'm a likeable person!" I make a face and AJ turns on me. "What was that face about?"

"What face?"

"That face!"

"I have no idea what you are talking about." A small growl escapes AJ's lips and she walks away. I smile and continue stretching.

AJ:

I run on the treadmill beside Jayce, she was keeping pretty good speed.

"So, Jayce. How are you liking it on the WWE roster?"

"Good." I nod and speed up a bit. She slows down to a walk and then she gets off. She grabs a towel and heads inside the locker room. I slow down and go after her.

As I enter the women's locker room, Jayce walks out. She gives me a quick smile and waves to Dean - who waves back - and leaves.

I look at Dean and then to Jayce's retreating figure. What was going on?

STEPHANIE:

It's been great watching Jayce improve week after week and watching her evolve into her mysterious character. She acted just like the Undertaker-- I open my phone and ring up Paul.

"Paul, I have an idea."

"Ok, what is it?"

"Instead of having Jayce join the SHIELD and become more open, she can become the mysterious one, like Mark portrayed the Undertaker."

"That's actually a good idea, Steph. I'll call in Jayce and the SHIELD and we'll talk."

"Sounds good." I hang up and smile, feeling accomplished.