Chapter 7 - Protecting Jayce and Dean

PAIGE:

I knock on Jayce's door and much to my surpise, Dean answers it. Dressed in shorts, no shirt.

"Oh, Paige. Hi. Are you looking or Jayce?"

"Yeah, we're supposed to go to a movie with Emma and Natalya. But if she's busy..."

"No, come in Paige. I'll just shower quickly and change." She smiles and heads to the showers. I sit on the couch, Dean on the opposite side, and watch what was on TV. Which was Cartoon Network.

Jayce comes back out, dressed in a black lace skater dress with a belt, black moccasin boots with a fringe, black nose and lip ring and a pair of black stretchers.

She gives a kiss to Dean but he pulls her back and kisses her nose. She smiles and he gives her her phone.

"After your movie, we're going on a date." She smiles and kisses him again.

------------

We arrive at the theatre and I instantly turn to Jayce.

"So, you and Dean?" she smiles and looks at me.

"He's so amazing. And so nice! I couldn't ask for a better boyfriend."

"When did you guys begin...ya know, going out?"

"He asked me out while we were having lunch yesterday."

"And you didn't tell me!?" she smiles sheepishly and I pull her in for a hug. "I'm glad he's got you."

"I am too." I let her go and we climb out of the car and head towards the theatre. Natalya was texting someone and Emma was talking to Brie.

"Hey guys!" they look at us, Brie smiling and giving Jayce a hug.

"Well, someone looks gorgeous today." Natalya smiles, looking at Jayce.

"Thank you." Jayce smiles.

"Alright, are we ready?"

"Actually, Alicia and Rosa wanted to join."

"Alright, where are they?"

"They're just arriving." Rosa and Alicia walk through the doors and we head towards the counter and get our tickets. We grab popcorn and other snacks and head towards the room where our movie - The Maze Runner - was playing.

-----------------

DEAN:

I plop down on the couch. I had showered and was dressed in a tuxedo and waiting for Jayce to return.

The door opens and in comes AJ, a smile on her face.

"AJ, get out."

"Oh, but Dean. I know you want me." She smiles, licking her lips.

"No, not really." She frowns, stopping in her tracks.

"You can't have Jayce forever, and one day, when you're smart enough to realize, I will be happy to welcome you into my arms."

"Aren't you with Phil? Aren't you two married or something?" she scowls and leaves the room, slamming the door. I just make a face and go back to watching tv.

-----------

I look at the clock, 6:30. I text Jayce.

Dean: Hey, is the movie over yet?

Jayce: Yep, I've been standing behind the couch for the past hour.

I get up and sure enough, Jayce was standing there, leaning against the kitchen counter.

"Hey."

"Hey." I wrap my arms around her waist and she looks up at me. She smiles and kisses me, I kiss her back.

"You're beautiful."

"You're handsome. Especially in that suit." She smirks and looks me up and down.

"Like what you see?"

"In fact, I do." She laughs and we head out to our dinner.

--------------

????

I watch as they walk away, Jayce smiling an laughing and Dean looking at her with admiration. It was cute, to be honest. And I had to stop AJ from trying to break them up.

"Boss, she's waiting."

"Good, bring her here." Natalya nods and walks off. Natalya and Beth come back.

"Hey."

"Beth, can you keep an eye on Jayce and Dean? Make sure no one interferes and make sure AJ stays away from them." She nods and walks in the direction of Jayce and Dean, "oh, and don't make it too noticeable."

"Alright."