Chapter Nine.

Jibri and I had been texting back and forth for a few days after "the incident", I hadn't found time to see him again due to my increasingly hectic schedule. Most of my time had been devoted to meeting with my one and only client, while hunting down clothes that he could wear to his upcoming event. I was somewhat anxious about seeing Jibri again; I was reckless at the mouth and had been holding back when I texted him, deciding the we couldn't have a real conversation that way.

The Devil answered my unasked prayer when the man himself called me; I watched it ring for a while until answering at the very last second.

"This is Zana." I said sweetly into the phone.

I heard a hum in response, "Send your location, I'm tryna go for a ride." Jibri told me.

"Rude, please address me with some common sense." I smirked while we putting the outfit that I'd worn that day back on.

Jibri chuckled, he always seemed to find everything hilarious. "Hey Zana, how are you doing?" He asked in deliberately proper English.

"I'm great! I've had a really long day and I'll only let you pick me up if you promise not to stress me out." I lied, already dressed and prepared to send him my location.

He paused for a second, "I won't, a nigga just misses you. Highkey." That made me roll my eyes.

"And how do you miss a stranger Jibri?" I questioned, very interested in the answer that he would conjure up.

Jibri blew out a semi frustrated breath, "I'm missing out on getting to know you better Zana. This text shit is for teenagers. You gon' drop the pin or what?" I bit my bottom lip while looking at my reflection.

"I'm sending it right now, text me when you're outside." I replied while fixing the bandana on my head. Aisha had insisted that I let my hair breathe for a while before she "worked her magic" on me again, the only problem with that was how inept I was when it came to proper hair care.

"Aight, I'll see you soon Zana

"Aight, I'll see you soon Zana." Jibri hung up.

I was disappointed in myself for the level of excitement I began to feel with every passing minute; there was no way that a stranger would make me fall to my knees so easily. Admittedly, I'd been making it too easy for him but that would have to change. I liked  to tease and be playful, while remaining in control of the situation; I was beginning to think that he and I were alike in that regard.

Jibri showed up twenty minutes later, I headed downstairs and got into his car; opening my own door when I saw that he was about to get out.

"We're on a busy street, save that chivalry for Patrice or whatever her name is." I chuckled as he rolled his eyes at my remark.

Jibri shook his head disapprovingly, "Don't play me Zana."

"You're one to talk Jibri." I got comfortable in my seat as he continued to drive, "Do you have a destination in mind?"