Chapter Thirty-Two.

Jibri's words weighed on me, and I couldn't shake the feeling that he was right. My stomach had been in knots as our argument played on a loop in my mind. I was reeling, in shock about the whole thing and unsure what I could've done differently. It was a mistake to think that we could be different- it was time for me to accept that neither of us was right for the other. We tried, but we simply were not good together; I would have to learn to accept that. No amount of love could make us function like a normal couple. Or was I taking the easy way out? There was a battle of wills raging within me as I tried to imagine my life without Jibri, could I truly be without him? Would that make me any happier? Despite being awake for an hour, I still hadn't left my bed, I was so deep in thought that I hadn't noticed how time had flown until my alarm went off. With a small sigh, I got out of bed and started my day. My schedule didn't allow for any sort of wallowing; I had an early morning appointment with Aisha to get my hair done, two meetings with potential clients and then a fitting with Pardison, my number one client.

As expected, there were missed calls and voicemails from Jibri, I didn't even bother to block him- it would be a true test of my resolve if I could continue to ignore his calls and messages. Above all else, I wanted to prove his theory wrong even if I didn't think I could. I had just gotten him back, just gotten used to being able to call him when something good happened, and now he was gone again. My plan was to go through my day, business as usual and hope that my sister wouldn't pick up on anything. I didn't want to talk to her about my breakup, given that she'd been at odds with Jibri just the day before. The fact that he and I had managed to prove her right on the very same day was nothing short of embarrassing. I had no intentions of broaching the topic with anyone until I was ready to, especially if I wasn't convinced that our separation would stick; all I could hear was his voice in my head telling me that we would never be done with each other, that no one else would love me like he did.

After getting ready, I had a little under forty-five minutes to get to Aisha's place, so I quickly grabbed my purse and headed out. On the way there, I stopped at her favorite cafe to pick up breakfast for the both of us; so much had changed in one day and all I wanted was to have a good morning with my sister to take my mind off of it all.

"You're early." Aisha noted as she took the bag of pastries that I held out to her.

I rolled my eyes and chuckled softly, "I'm five minutes early A, just eat your food and be happy that I'm not late."

"You're lucky that we're sisters Za because that tone is problematic." She joked, "I'm actually excited for this style, I love you with blonde hair."

I followed her into her beauty room and excitedly sat in the chair. "I thought you loved me all the time." I beamed.

"Not cute." She muttered with a mouth full of food.

Cringing, I took a bite of my croissant as she sat next to me. My phone buzzed from my bag and I felt my stomach constrict, praying that it wasn't Jibri. I hesitantly retrieved it and sighed in relief at the caller ID. "Hey Jordyn."

"You never call me that." Pardi laughed, "Can we move the fitting up? I got a show tonight."

I gritted my teeth to withhold the groan that wanted to escape me, "Um, hold on a second." I put him on speaker and looked at my schedule, though I knew exactly what it said. "How much earlier does it need to be?"

"An hour? You know how those fittings get and I got a seven o'clock call time." He was right, our fittings tended to last for hours, no matter how prepared I was for them.

I sighed as I looked at my phone, "You'll have to come to my place; I've got a meeting that's scheduled to end at four, but I'll never be able to make it to your place in time."