Chapter 4 Beauty and Beast

Death hung his candle in the air. He collected his blood in a small glass and took a sip. His black skin turned red for a moment. He held the glass towards me.

"Would you like to have a cup of blood?" He asked .

I felt uncomfortable in my stomach when I saw the red liquid. I vomit. Death laughs.

"No, no.  Your vocal cords have... died, I am giving you a way of communication. Shatter the glass when you have decided to struggle. "

I held the glass tightly. I felt heat waves radiating from it. My pulse quickened. My breathing rate doubled. Taking a deep breath, I smashed it. The sound of breaking glass was like music to my ears.

The next moment, my bed turned upside-down. I closed my eyes. My breath stilled. I gasped.

I opened my eyes, to see I had not fallen. Instead,  I felt something invisible crushing my body and gripping my hands. Death came so close that his blood dripped on to my face.

..... The caged bird cries, not because of the physical pain its thread offers. It is because of the mental suffering it undergoes...

"The pain is over, Sierra Young," he said, "It's judgement day. Your words will kill you." He paused. "Your words will save you too."

Death faded,  his face turning into black smoke, making me cough. When half of his body faded, he whispered, "I will return one day, Sierra Young. That day, there will be no escape. "

The grip loosen and my breath hitches. I emit a silent scream when I feel the gravity. My heart beats faster. I close my eyes as I fall into the darkness.

There was a splash. I felt waves water hit my face. All my memories flashed through my mind,  tearing my soul like a hungry beast.

~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~

Thanks for reading! Vote and comment to express your opinions.

Cagedbird229.