9 | Hump And Dump

"This is so much fun." Mikey giggled as he fell onto the sofa beside Billie who had sat and held the drinks whilst he and Hannah danced together amongst all the other sweaty bodies. Hannah had been swept up into the crowd and was currently entangled with some boy who looked just as dazed as herself.

"Are you sure you don't want to drink?" Mikey asked taking back his drink and having a good swig of the alcoholic beverage. 

"No, I'm okay thank you." Billie shook her lemonade can in proof and he shrugged, deciding not to push like so many others at the party had tried to do. She had been offered a cup of 'beer' five times since she arrived an hour ago. 

"Where's Preston?" He asked looking around and it was Billie's turn to shrug. 

"Disappeared a while ago." She said looking down at the warm can in her hand. It had kept her company for so long it was now unappealing having become warm. 

Mikey patted her shoulder sympathetically. "Oh don't worry, you wouldn't be the first. Don't mention it in front of Hannah, it's still sensitive. I'm surprised with Elijah's sudden re-appearances she hasn't had a mental breakdown yet." He drunkenly rambled and Billie decided not to pry no matter how much it spiked her interest. 

Did Preston and Hannah have an unspoke past? Did Hannah and Elijah have history? Whatever past they had together didn't sound like a pleasant one from the tone of Mikey's voice so she left it at that. If Hannah wanted to tell her, then Hannah would. 

"Hey, there you are!" Preston's voice sounded from behind and he hopped over the back of the sofa to sit in between Billie and Mikey. "Lost you for a moment."

An hour. 

"Yeah, it's a big party. I've never really been to ones like this. The biggest I've been to is my cousins thirteenth birthday party and that was quite wild." She admitted. 

"Right. Anyway, I wanted to know if you wanted to go somewhere private." Preston said, leaning closer and Billie's nostrils were suddenly invaded with the stench of cheap alcohol.

"Oh. Um. I'm okay here," Billie said as Mikey turned to her wide-eyed. 

"C'mon Billie, I can make sure you have a lot more fun upstairs than wallowing on the couch drinking lemonade." 

"I think I'm going to go now," Billie said quietly putting her drink on the coffee table and standing up, moving away from an insistent Preston. 

"Oh don't be like that, you'll spoil it for me." He sighed stumbling as he stood also. Mikey was unfortunately in the wrong place at the wrong time and was the cushion for Prestons landing. 

"Spoil what?"

He remained silent but she wasn't sure if it was due to the fact he was highly intoxicated or he was hiding something. 

"I barely know you and you want to get me into bed with you. It'll save us all some time if I tell you now that if you are looking for someone to hump and dump, I'm not the kind of girl." Billie helped Mikey up and the two left a groaning Preston to mumble into the couch pillow he thought was the curly brunette.