Chapter 7

Uncle Monty seemed cherry in particular when they boarded the Prospero. "We're in first class!" he exclaimed.

the Baudelaire children gasped in excitement. "Really? thank you!"

Monty smiled, picking up Sunny and the Incredibly Deadly Viper. "yes, there's quite a few floors  in our cabin. but only two bedrooms with two beds and a crib each." 

"me and Klaus can share one room." Violet suggested. "and you can share one with Sunny and the Incredibly Deadly Viper."

"i like that suggestion, Violet. and that works." Monty replied. "that's what we'll do unless anyone has objections?"
Nobody spoke until Klaus broke the silence. 

"What if Count Olaf is aboard the Prospero?" he asked. 

"he won't be able to get in our cabin," Uncle Monty replied and opened the door. 

the cabin was amazing. but there was only one problem. there was already someone there.

"Excuse me?" Violet asked, walking up the person. "this is our cabin. get out."

"No." came the voice.

the person was none other than Count Olaf. 

"You're not welcome here!" Klaus shouted at the Baudelaire's arch enemy.

Olaf grinned. "don't worry orphan, i'm not staying. but neither are you."

Violet began to walk away. 

Uncle Monty let Violet hold Sunny. he held the elder Baudelaire sibling's hands. but Count Olaf swung himself off of the couch and he stalked closer to the Baudelaire children and their Uncle.

"You orphans won't make it to Peru." he snarled. "i will kill you off, one by one. then i will kill Monty. and being the only living guardian of the former Baudelaire children, the fortune will be left to me."

"That's not how that works, Olaf." Klaus replied casually. 

Olaf slumped. "well, i can kill you all except Violet. then marry her. then get your money."

Monty frowned, took Sunny from Violet and whispered, "go get the police!" to her.

Violet nodded and ran off. 

Olaf smiled maliciously. "I can just kill you all and get away with it. then track down your bratty sister, Klaus." 

Count Olaf pulled out a long silver knife. "who's first?" he asked.

Monty pushed in front of the Baudelaire children. "you're not going to be killing anybody!"

"oh really?" Olaf asked. "That's what bratty Beatrice and boring Bartrude said before they perished in flames."

"Don't talk that way about my mother!" Klaus shouted. "you loved her!"

"I never loved Beatrice Baudelaire." Olaf frowned. "where on Earth would you get that idea, bookworm?!"

"My mother once told us when she was much younger she was admired by Olaf, but when her then boyfriend murdered Olaf's father Olaf vowed to ruin her life."

Olaf smiled. "well, i did get revenge, didn't i?" 

"so it's true." Monty replied. "you love Beatrice Baudelaire."

"If i loved her i wouldn't have murdered her!" Olaf roared.

Klaus gasped. "you set fire to my house and killed my parents!"

Olaf smiled. "guilty,"

Violet returned quickly, with hearing shouting. 

"What's happened!" Violet asked.

"Count Olaf was the one that set our house on fire!" Klaus shouted.

"yes, i did, orphans. but guess what?" Olaf asked. "that's the same type of raging fire that will burn this boat to ashes."

Violet gasped. "you can't!"

"Of course, Violet, as my bride, i would let you live, but get some fire in your lungs to look like i saved you." Olaf smiled. "and then we can get married."

"But you can't marry my sister without Uncle Monty's permission!" Klaus shouted. "and how do you set fire to something on water?"

Olaf frowned, and took Violet's wrist, pulling her to him.

he took his knife and put it in front of Violet's neck.

"don't call the police, try to attack me, argue with me, or disagree with me, or the knife goes inward."

Klaus gasped. "you can't kill Violet!"

"I only need one of you alive to access that fortune of yours. i can, do away with the others." he smiled. "starting with Violet."

"er, i agree with you, Olaf." Monty lied.

"Uncle Monty!" Klaus hissed.

Monty winked at Klaus and mouthed, 'I'm lying so he doesn't hurt Violet,'

Klaus winked back. "I agree, too, Count Olaf."

"blip!" Sunny cried, which meant, 'i disagree, fool!'

Violet relaxed as the knife was lowered, and she was pushed away.

she fell to the floor, gasping for breath. 

while Klaus kneeled down to help his sister,  Olaf threw the knife, the projectile nearly hitting Monty.

Violet got to her feet and began to scream.

in anger and frustration, Olaf picked up Sunny and swung her above his head.

the Baudelaire children and their uncle gasped.

"put her down!" Violet screamed.