Chapter 8

"Oh my god!" Violet screamed. "You put her down!"

Olaf laughed. "That's simply laughable, Orphan!"

Monty frowned. "Olaf, you do realize where Klaus has gone?"

while Uncle Monty was angrily talking to Count Olaf, Violet snuck behind him, grabbed Sunny, placing a pillow in his hand, she put her baby sister on the couch then tackled Olaf to the ground.

Olaf pushed himself up and knotted Violet's hands together. she smiled. "i can still operate my hands." she said.

Olaf tried to get up, but Violet pinned him down. "you're not getting away this time!" she pulled him into a headlock. "you are disgusting, but your disgust is made up for by jail time!"

Olaf smirked. "orphan, you aren't as strong as me, i could beat you to the ground in a heartbeat."

Violet smiled. "and i could bury you six feet underground." she pushed him back as he struggled. 

"i doubt that."

Monty pushed open the window.

Violet pulled Olaf up and pushed him to the window. she smiled. "if you don't let me go, i will push you out this window."

Olaf gasped. "fine," he reached in behind him and reached for Violet's wrists.

the only problem, was that there were no ropes on Violet's hands. 

she dived underneath his arm and tied him in the ropes she'd been bounded in. "How do you like it, Olaf?"

Olaf frowned. "you set me free this instant orphan!" he shouted. 

"why should i?!" Violet yelled angrily. "what's the point? you'll escape again." 

"That's right, orphan. and i will this time too."

and with that Olaf rolled out the window, crashing beneath the surface of the rolling waves, which splashed along the side of the boat and rocking right back to where they had come from.

Violet and Monty watched the surface of the splashing salt water, watching the remaining bubbles float upward and dissolve. 

was this really the end of Count Olaf?