Chapter Two

Jungkook was pretty stunned. He definitely didn't expect her to message. She had made it clear just exactly what she thought about him, about what they did and how crazy he was for wanting it to continue. He smiled when he saw her reflection in the mirror in the corner of her pic. Her hair was down around her shoulders, and she looked wild and happy.

It almost made him ache to be next to her, like last night. A part of him questioned why the sudden change of heart, but he didn't want to provoke her into ceasing contact completely. He was heading to a radio show to do an interview that was about an hour away from their dorms and everyone was curled up trying to get some sleep before they were expected to be chipper and perform. But not him, he was stalking the conversation willing her to answer.

"It was stupid for me to just dismiss you like that. I want to be your friend. I don't really have that many friends here."

Friends, he should have expected that she would have lifted him up and dumped him in the friend zone. Once he wasn't referred to as her little brother, he was safe. There would be no coming back for him from that one.

"Was that your first day? How was it?"

What had she expected? That he would have commented on just being friends that he would have readily agreed to it? She had an inkling that Jungkook was a little more attracted to her than just friends if today was any indication. But he had the chance to ignore her as revenge for this afternoon, and he didn't. Deep down, even though she hated to admit it, she was relieved that he was still speaking to her. God, she had to keep repeating the mantra, that he was far too young for her, over and over to keep herself on track.

She was just getting ready to answer his message, when her phone buzzed, jerking her out of the reverie, water sloshing over the edge of the tub as she fought to answer it. It was a number she didn't know and her heart sped up at the prospect of it being Jungkook for a split second. Inadvertently smoothing her hair, then rolling her eyes at her stupidity (as if he could see what she looked like through a simple phone call), she finally answered.

To say she was disappointed when a hyper female voice wafted through the speakerphone was a clear understatement. Instead of wondering how Hyuna got her personal number, she found herself making small talk up until she suggested they attend a club event the upcoming Saturday.

"It's a really exclusive party, tickets were damn near impossible to get. Say you'll come." Hyuna was piling on the aegyo in full force, and Madison found herself agreeing to meet up for a samgyupsal dinner before they drove over to the club.

*Play The Song at the Side Here!*

Clubs. She had met Jungkook at a club. Their eyes had locked from across the bar. His corner seemed extremely busy, with over a dozen people milling around him in the VIP area. Girls were taking their turns at leaning over his shoulder to whisper in his ear, their red nails standing out against the crisp white fabric of his shirt. Yet he couldn't take her eyes off her, and her off him. After the fifth Soju shot, her friend, an Canadian English teacher who had been living in Seoul for some time and had made money off youtubing about Korean life, told her to grow a pair and talk to him.

But this was different, Madison was different than the typical Korean Standard of Beauty. Her skin wasn't pale, although it was soft and smooth, and her hair wasn't stick straight. By Western standards, she was exotically beautiful, she had no idea how she would fit in here. The fifth Soju shot, turned into her seventh, and she found herself staring at him a little more often than she had before.

"You guys are playing eye-fuck tag. It's driving me crazy." Lita complained, taking a swig of her beer, and rolling her eyes at the VIP section. Madison giggled, and was shocked that that sound actually came out of her body. She was by no means a giggler. Clearly, the soju was beginning to have its effects.