Chapter Seven

Madison didn't think she could have slept that soundly in a hospital bed, smashed up against someone, but she had cleary proven that theory wrong. The room was dark due to the blackout curtains covering the window, so Madison woke up disoriented and hungry. Her stomach actually grumbled loudly in response.

Sometime during the hours that they were both knocked out cold, their positions had changed and she had ended up facing Jungkook, his legs tangled between hers. But now as she sat up to check her watch groggily, he shifted again, although quite stiffly, letting out the smallest groan of pain before, repositioning himself using her leg as a pillow.

She stroked his hair and smiled to herself stupidly. The butterflies in her stomach from being so close to him were unreal and she had no idea how she had fought these feelings for so long.

The nurses had been in twice to check Jungkook's reaction to the painkillers and both times she was sure they would tell her what they were doing was against hospital policy. But they hadn't they had gone about their work silently, smiling fondly at the couple as if they were looking at their own children.

Madison had taken this time to ask all the questions about Jungkook's condition that she wanted. She was curious about the healing time for ribs, and the safety precautions he had to take for the next couple of weeks. The nurses were even kind enough to explain that Jungkook was severely exhausted and a bit dehydrated, as well as being treated for shock; which explained the IV that they were changing. He would be kept for another two days so that doctors could officially rule out any other internal injuries.

And all through this, Jungkook didn't stir once. The nurses probably saw the look of worry on her face and explained that the painkillers were really strong and he would probably be very lethargic when he woke up.

She was sure she had heard them whispering at how cute the couple were when they left the room. The younger of the two nurses had even complimented her shyly on her beauty.

Yea right.

Madison probably looked awful. Smudged makeup and dry cracked skin from the air conditioning were probably her ailments, and she was afraid of going to the connected bathroom to really assess the damage.

Swinging her legs down the side of the bed, she padded over to her tote, bouncing from foot to foot so she didn't have to stay too long on the freezing cold tile. Grabbing her phone, she had alot of phonecalls to make and she locked herself in the bathroom to begin multi-tasking.

She tied her hair up quickly, and put in her headpiece dialing Hyuna first to update her on Jungkook and to inquire on how things went at work. Hyuna sounded drowsy and Madison didn't keep the conversation going for too long. It was quite obvious that she had woken her up but Hyuna assured her that all the tapings went off without a hitch, especially since she had used the notes Madison had made two nights ago to help with filming.

The next call she placed to her supervisor, explaining that she had a family emergency and she wouldn't be in until tomorrow.

Finally she texted Lita, and promised that she would call her later with the details. She knew she would want a full play by play of how Madison had finally manned up and what it meant for the relationship.

Relationship. She was in one of those now.... wow.

Grabbing the stuffed to the brim Anya Hindmarch travel case she always had with her for emergency touch ups or for storing make up on long trips, she began to tackle her face. Surprisingly, it didn't look any worse for the wear.

While she was washing her face, Lita sent her a screen capture of the statement Jungkook's company had put out regarding the accident.

"The Members of BTS were involved in accident early in the morning, when the car they were traveling in skidded on the wet road. The members were checked out and declared healthy enough to continue with their schedules as planned. However, the supervising team have come to a unanimous decision to give them two days off to ensure 100% mental and physical well being for all the members."