Epilogue

12:58, December 31st
Madison checked her Michael Kors watch, and grasped the hand that was gently pulling her along the heavily decorated terminal in the Inchon Airport. She pulled her powder blue peacoat tighter around her body as she bobbed and weaved through the crowded space, trying to not bump into the bustling travelers. The Airport was still decorated to the nines for the season with red bows and candy canes denoting the Christmas Spirit. She was pretty sure she had seen a group of people walking around in traditional Hanboks. Her father's plane had touched down almost a half an hour ago and for the first time since moving to Korea, she was late.
If it wasn't for a certain diva she would have been there a lot earlier; but he had changed at least three times finally settling on a pair of khakis and a flannel under a thick black pea coat. She knew how nervous he was about making a good impression, he had even considered taking his earrings out for fear of judgement from Mr. Lee. 

Jungkook looked back and grinned and her heart skipped a beat. 

No matter how cool and collected she tried to act in front of him, her pulse always betrayed her; she wondered if this feeling would ever fade.
All arrows were pointing to a resounding no.
"He isn't out yet."
Jungkook peeled off his jacket and placed on a seat next to him, finally allowing Madison's pulse to slow. A teenager standing not too far from him, kept casting looks at the back of his head almost like her glare would make him admit who he was.
All around them people were gathered in clusters looking at their watches and counting down getting ready to usher in the new year.

5

Jungkook had started noticing how much Madison enjoyed when he sang. It had started out in the shower, or when they cooked together, a habit that he never noticed he was doing until he felt her gaze on him, her eyes glazed over with wonder.
"You're too talented." She would say, shaking her head and then getting back to the task at hand. Jungkook knew that Madison hated corny things like that, but once when she was in bed, balancing the thin line between sleep and wake, out of pure instinct he had sung to her.
From then on, Jungkook had created a monster.
Even though she never expressly said how much she enjoyed it; her blatant hints when it was bed time and he stayed over, definitely gave it away. She had grown so accustomed that Jungkook had to record voice notes of himself to send to her when he was on tour.
It was just one of their couple traditions.
Over the year of being together, they had developed quite a few. He knew that Madison liked to mock couple's culture in Korea, so every time he left Seoul he would make it his mission to buy at least one matching item for the two of them. It usually ranged from extremely tacky phone cases that made Madison physically cringe when she unwrapped it to his/her t-shirts from his favourite designers.
The only couple's item that Madison hadn't playfully rejected had been the infinity set from Tiffany's and even convincing her to accept that was a task and a half. He was extremely proud of that ring and made an effort to wear it regardless of the occasion. Once he had even made his manager turn the car around and head back to the hotel when he realized he had left it on the ledge in the shower.
Leaving that in Japan would have been catastrophic.
Madison's mother had a saying and she had tranfered it to the relationship.
"No matter how angry you are, we never leave without kissing goodbye." It was tough sometimes yes, but he understood the need for it; when he left or she did, anything could happen. Of course god forbid it wouldn't but, who would want to remember that the last feeling or the last thing you did was coated in anger or frustration? He had realized a long time ago, that Madison's mom was an exceptional woman, and Madison had lamented on the fact that he didn't come into her life sooner. He would have loved her.
Skype had definitely become their best friend, so much so that Madison had it downloaded on all her smart devices.
Not only did they keep the spark alive when she was missing him but she felt like she had lived and shared so many memories with Jungkook just through a simple skype call.
He had the tendency of calling to check in when he was traveling or when he was sight-seeing. It had a push-pull effect on her. Seeing him made her happy, but missing him probably hurt a lot more.
The first time they had used Skype to communicate with each other was around three in the morning. She had just gotten in from a strenuous day at work and he was doing the same, radio shows and variety show appearances had him beat; they had fallen asleep after five minutes.
Skype date: fail.