"But isn't it Friday?"

"Is.." I heard my little brother cough awkwardly "dad coming home tonight?" he forced out as he kept his glare towards the floor, I sighed as I walked over towards him and knelt down so I was hes level. I placed my finger under his chin lifting it up slightly. I could see the worry and anger evident in hes eyes, and I couldn't bring myself to look away.

"Look, I wont let him hurt you Dylan" I whispered as I felt tears prickle my eyes "He hurt me before, I wont let him do the same too you" my voice was barley a whisper now as I felt one tear slip out from the pain I went through 3 years ago that I will never forget.

Its like a scar, its always there and never seems to fade away.

"Emily what if he-" Dylan was cut off by the sound of my mothers happily but yet nervous voice "I'm home!" me and Dylan glanced at each other worriedly as I stood up and quickly wiped the remaining tears  from my eyes.

"What smells so good?" an unfamiliar voice I recognized as my fathers asked, I haven't heard hes voice since that day, 3 years ago.

"I cooked a Sunday dinner" I replied icily.

"That's great hunny!" my mother cheered trying to break the tension which couldn't be broken with a knife.

"But isn't it Friday?" Paul (my father) questioned.

I sighed as I answered while setting the table with my shaking hands "It is, but I thought I would make one today"

I heard the seats off the table move to indicate that people has sat down, I turned to see my father, mother and Dylan all sat around the table. Luckily Dylan has left a seat by him for me as my father took mine.

I took the plates of Sunday dinner to the table and they all began to dig in, I didn't feel like eating anything as I just sat there awkwardly by Dylan. I plan on not leaving his side until I drop him and pick him up from school.

"Not hungry hunny?" my mother questioned as she swallowed some of her food, I shook my head not feeling like answering and left my mother and father to talk to themselves.

Once everyone had finished, me and Dylan both walked off towards my bedroom and sat down to play PS3 for a little bit before bed "Are-Are you okay Emmy?" Dylan questioned nervously as he kept his gaze on the pad in his hands.

"I'm fine Dylan just a little shocked that dad is back" I replied as I put black-ops 2 in my ps3 and began to challenge my brother on a 1to1 patch. I began pressing random buttons and by the end Dylan bet me with 2 points.

"HA HA! I won" Dylan cheered waving hes arms around.

"Only by two!" I stated with a small smile on my face.

"Still..." Dylan shrugged "I won"

I laughed softly as I was about to answer but the door opened as both mine and Dylan's head snapped towards the door "I'm just going to bed, shouldn't you guys be going to sleep? its late" my father said awkwardly shuffling around.

I shut my mouth in a straight line, feeling anger rise inside off me. To my shock Dylan finally spoke "We am now" my father nodded before walking out again, I looked at Dylan not wanting him to leave me.

I don't want to be alone.

"Can I stay here the night Emmy?" Dylan questioned shyly as I smiled and nodded happily not wanting to be alone now that my father is back.

Right now, me and Dylan was both cuddling together and I couldn't be more happier that Dylan was on my side in all off this, and stayed with me. "Emmy, you know you don't have to be alone in all off this right?" Dylan's soft voice broke me from my thoughts.

I nodded as a few tears slipped from my eyes and landed onto the pillow "I'm just scared" I replied in a shaky voice trying my hardest not to cry.

"I'm here Emmy, we are here for each other" my brother spoke as he hugged me tighter, letting me cry on hes shoulder. I nodded in understanding as I pulled him closer towards me.

"I love you Emmy" Dylan's voice spoke as I smiled slightly.

"I love you too Mr Man" I replied to which we both laughed at before going into dream land..