Chapter Two: The Party

I got home super late and hid my sword under my mattress. It was too late for anyone to be awake, but, I was wide awake. I was exicited. I couldn't wait to be in the castle.

A couple days past and it was the day of the ball. I finished my chores early and saw my step family off. Once they were out of sight I ran up to my room and grabbed the dress.

It was a strapless light blue dress. It was tight around my waist but flowed down around my ankles perfectly. I grabbed the matching shoes and put them on. It's freaky how all of this fits so perfectly.

I did the slightest bit of makeup and put my hair up elegantly in a bun with part of it down around my shoulder. I took my mother's emerald necklace and hooked it on.

When my father remarried I had to steal this necklace from my mother's jewelry box since my step family had a thing about stealing everyhing my mother owned. I looked at my reflection and smiled. Irresistible. I did a pretty good job.

Stepped out of my room and out of the house. Just outside the door was Henry with the horses and carriage that we worked on. It was shining in the starlight and went perfectly with this event.

I smiled at our hard work and turned to Henry. "Ya ready?" He asked knowing the answer. I rolled my eyes and nodded my head. He held out his hand and helped me into the carriage.

On the way there I sat quietly rocking back and forth with only the sound of the horses clacking hooves. I would often close my eyes and try to relax, breathing to the beat of the night. I was even tempted to call all of this off when the carriage slowed down in front of the palace gates.

Henry opened the door and held his hand out to me. I took it giving him a small smile. I stepped out and noticed very few eyes on me. I guess I'm not that pretty.

Paying no attention to those who are looking at me I walk torwards the entrance to the palace. As soon as I took a step a guard stooped me. "Invitation please miss." I looked torwards him shocked. Stupid rumors.

"Invintation? Invitation! What a disgrace, milady we don't need such humiliation, come let's go back to your father's palace!" Henry steps in angrily at the gaurd. Did I mention that he's also an actor?

The guard hesitated for a moment and looked me up and down before he nodded. "Oh, sorry, please don't go,come in come in!" The guard answers back worriedly, he almost sounded sarcastic if you ask me. I smile and nod my head to him. I continued walking with my head held high.

I made my way slowely up the stairs. There must have been 1500 of them. Finally making my way up I see a million people wearing colors of all kinds. They were wearing clothes from different cultures and they talked elegantly.

Making my way up all the stairs and looking around I must look like a fool. As I was turning around a voice stopped me. "Do I know you?" I turned to see brown eyes looking right back at me. The prince, perfect.

I remembered that the prince had piercing dark brown eyes. This was the exact opportunity I was looking for. "Oh, I don't think so, you see this is my first ball." I say using my own acting skills.

"Is that so, then I shall make it your favorite one to remember." He said holding his hand out torwards me. "I'm sure you will." I said taking it and smirking to myself.

He led me out onto the dance floor just as the music started. He pulled me close and wrapped his right arm across my waist while his left arm held mine gently.

Usually I would shy away but since I really wanted this freedom, it was worth the embarrassment. He gave me a small smirk seeing me blush slightly. I felt burn marks on the back of my head from where jealous glares targeted.

I was looking down when he lifted my chin up. "You will not lower your head in the presence of the prince." I lifted my head up willingly and gave a small smile.

The music started and we were spinning across the floor gently. It was like walking on a cloud, the peacefulness. Other people joined in with us and before I knew it everyone was dancing.

As we were dancing, he led us torwards the garden area and out of the room. Once we were out we stopped dancing and walked together, hand in hand. Will he ever let go of my hand?

His hands were warm, almost too warm. It was unnatural. He led me out into the garden. I marveled at all the flowers as he led me forward, farther and farther away from everything, until he led me to a bench by the roses.

When we sat down I was gazing at the stars that appeared a couple hours ago while he stared at me. I looked torwards him and he smiled."You're goimg to think I'm crazy but, I'm looking for someone special tonight."

He broke his gaze to look at the stars. "I don't know how to say this to someone I just met." He said looking to the ground. "Promise you won't laugh?"

I nodded my head to him and gave a confident smile. "Would you do me the honor of being my wife?" He seriously said that? This is way easier than I thought!

"You're going to think I'm insane, how do I say this? Of course, I'd love to!" I said happily hugging him. He wrapped his arms around me as we shared what I like to call, a bear hug.

This was all too easy, so what's the catch? I don't care right now anyway. I got what I wanted, that's all that matters. Until later on. Thia has been quite a day, one moment I'm a servant, the next I'm a princess soon to be queen.