Chapter 11: The Device

"Kord! How wonderful it is to see you all again!" Drasila greeted the gang at the front door, "Please come in." She stepped back with a big smile on her face.
"As great as it is to see you again as well, we wish it were under better circumstances." Junjie commented. Drasila instantly became concerned,
"What's wrong?"
"Dexas was hit by one of Dr. Blakk's ghouled slugs, knocking her off of her mechabeast and hitting a rock with her head. Pretty bad, I might add." Kord answered with dread.
"Dexas? As in The Masked Soldier?"
"Yes, that's me. Or so I'm told." Dexas shyly smiled.
"I've heard many great things about you, Dexas. I've also heard a little rumor going around that your Eli's girlfriend?" She smirked a little, causing Eli to put a hand behind his head with a nervous smile as Dexas blushed.
"Gee, I wonder how you found out." Trixie spoke sarcastically, glancing at Pronto.
"What?" He shrugged innocently.
"Pronto, you can hardly keep a secret."
"Why keep it a secret?" Drasila asked curiously with a smile.
"That is what I have tried to tell them." Junjie added with a big smile.
"Yeah ok, it's true. But that's not the point right now. We need help with building a device to project my memories to restore hers." Eli spoke up swiftly. Drasila looked at him with an eyebrow raised.
"It's quite the story. We'll explain as we go." Kord stated.

As Drasila gathered the equipment needed to start their project, she was stunned to know what would happen if this didn't work.
"That sounds horrible. Never remembering your past again.."
"Yeah, and never truly having your best friend back." Eli's voice became heavy as he looked down, "I'm sorry, I don't mean to be such a downer."
"It's ok, Eli. You're grieving worse than the rest of us, and with good reason." Junjie softly patted his friend's back.
"Let's just get this device built so hopefully none of us have to grieve anymore." Eli replied calmly.
"I'm sorry I'm causing you all so much pain..." Dexas spoke softly from the background, gaining sorrowful looks from her friends.
"Dexas, you may not remember us all too well right now, but remember this. No matter what any of us face, we face it together. Even if it causes us all pain, no matter the form, we're in it for the long haul. Don't you for one more second feel like you're weighing us down, ok?" Eli had stepped forward, placing a hand on her right shoulder with a sympathetic smile. Dexas' eye glanced into one of his, smiling softly while nodding a little.

After at least a few hours, along with trial and error, the friends had put together a devise to perfectly fit Eli's head. Similar to the Shadow Clan translator, but different when it comes to it's pure white coloration. With fingers crossed, Drasila placed it on his head carefully and stepped back.
"For Dexas' sake, I hope this will be the last test run." Pronto huffed while folding his arms, watching as Eli closed his eyes with a deep breath.
"Just relax and focus on the memories, and it should do the rest." Drasila quietly advised. With that said, that's all Eli did after sitting down. The room fell silent, waiting and watching.
"Oh come on! Hello, memory devise! Is this thing on?!" Pronto impatiently banged the new piece of technology, instantly making it begin projecting. He raised his eyebrows with surprise, but quickly posed proudly,
"Once again, Pronto the Magnificent has done it again!"
"Shh!" Trixie demanded, mesmerized at the sight of seeing Eli and Dexas as kids.
"Who knew Eli was so cute when he was younger!" She teased, smiling as he took it off.
"Let's get to the Shadow Clan and fast. I know they'll want to be around for this." He held up the device with a smile.
"Good luck." Drasila smiled, suddenly getting a big bear hug from Kord.
"Thank you thank you thank you!"
"Y-you're wel-come!" She choked out from being squeezed tightly.
"We gotta go, thanks again Drasila!" Eli waved as he quickly tugged Dexas out of the factory, his friends soon following. Drasila waved with a smile, hoping for the best while watching them disappear.