Chapter 13: New Beast on the Block

That night the gang slept peacefully at their hideout. Every slug and person was sound asleep, until Eli was woken up by the sound of ruckus. With Burpy on his shoulder acting as a candle, and blaster in hand, he slowly walks out of his room to investigate. As the noise continues, the rest of his friends start waking up too. Trixie accidentally bumps into Eli in the pitch black darkness.
"Eli, what's going on?" She spoke softly.
"I don't know, but I have a feeling we'll find out."
"Dudes, where's the noise coming from?" Kord whispered.
"I think it is emitting from the living room." Pronto commented.
"Then let us not waste any time."
"Hold on, Junjie. Has anyone seen Dexas?" Eli asked.
"Uh, actually no now that you mention it." Pronto shrugged.
"Pronto and I will go check on her, you guys go see what's making all the noise. And be careful." The Shane ordered before his team nodded. Pronto and Eli slowly creep towards Dexas' room, quietly opening the door only to discover her bed completely empty.
"Something about this predicament gives me the chills..." Pronto commented in a scared whisper.
"Yeah...me too. Maybe she's already trying to find the noise herself. Let's go."

"Guys, any luck?" Eli whispered before being shrouded in fear at what he saw standing in the middle of the living room.
"Eli, duck!" Trixie warned in time for him to take cover as a chair was thrown. The piece of furniture broke into bits, making Eli take a sigh of relief it'd missed.
"What in the world is that thing?!" He exclaimed while putting his back to the couch, loading a slug into his blaster.
"Don't know, we just found it tearing this place to shreds!" Kord shouted.
"It looks like a mecha beast..." Eli thought aloud, following having blasted a slug.
"That is what we noticed as well, but take a closer look." Junjie spoke. At the advice, Eli peaked from behind the couch a little further.
"It's got some...fur.." He said puzzled while raising an eyebrow, seeing red fur on the beast's neck and tail.
"Uh...Eli, you should probably look even harder." Trixie had a weary tone, proceeding her body backing away slowly. He gasped with a bolt of shock striking his heart,
"The left eye, it's completely dark. It can't see out of it..." Eli gazed at the wolf-like beast with wide eyes, remaining frozen stiff.
"Do you guys think-"
"That the monster we now face, is Dexas-Taryn herself." Junjie concluded for Kord after dodging an attempt by the mecha beast at pinning him down.
"Surely you jest? This cannot possibly be our beloved Dexas! The Masked Soldier and dearest love of Eli Shane himself!" Pronto insisted. Kord fires another slug,
"You really think we would joke about something like this?" This got Pronto thinking.
"Ah, that would explain why she has yet to show herself during all of this chaos!" Trixie gave Pronto a look,
"Do not worry, I give you full and utter permission to praise my quick observational skills." Pronto took a bow, narrowly dodging more furniture being hurdled across the room. The beast spared nothing during its rampage of destruction to the Shane hideout.