lose you

Even though I was technically asleep for 6 months, I was really tired. When we got to Jason's apartment, after an hour of convincing Caitlyn it would be ok for me to leave S.T.A.R labs, Jason offered to get some take out but I was too tired and just wanted to sleep "Jay?" he just hummed in response as he put a few things away "can we just go to bed? I'm not hungry and I'm REALLY tired" I said with a yawn. "sure babe," Jason said with a smile, he threw his jacket and keys on the couch then before I knew it Jason had me in his arms carrying me to his room. I just giggled like a two-year-old as he did this, when he got to his room, he plopped me on his bed then went to his closet. A few minutes later he tossed me one of my favorites sports bras

"how did you-" I started but Jay cut me off "I knew when you woke up you'd need clothes, so I went over to your house and Cassy gave me a bag full of your favorite clothes" Oh, thank you" with that, while he was still rummaging through his closet, I quickly threw on the bra then put the S.T.A.R labs sweater back on, and because I can't sleep in pants, I took them off and before Jay turned around, I hopped in the bed, already falling asleep. A little later I felt movement, then an arm draped over my waist, and a warm body nuzzling against mine. "g'night Jay" I said with a faint smile, then right before a fell fully asleep I heard him whisper "night babe" 

~the next morning~

I woke up to birds chirping, I opened my eyes to see Jay peacefully sleeping next to me. His left arm draped over my right hip his scared up chest rising and falling with every breath he took. I leaned closer to him and gently pressed my lips to his, then I felt him kiss back I pulled away out of shock and embarrassment. I would have fallen right out of the bed if Jason hadn't caught me and pulled me back to him "couldn't resist could you?" he smirked, "it's impossible!" I giggled. He placed a soft kiss on my forehead then started getting up. I watched his back muscles move and form the divot in the middle of his back, I bit my lower lip watching him move, ugh!  why do back muscles have to be such a turn on for me!?

He slowly made his way to the bathroom sink. I got up and walked behind him then flung my arms around his waist, I wanted to kiss his neck but he's just so darn tall all I could reach was his back. But that's what I did, I kissed his back making him chuckle "is that all you can reach?" he asked before splashing water on his face. "yep, deal with it" I said in between kisses, as he dried his face with a towel I could hear a muffled chuckle. "my turn" I said, then I got in between him and the wall then hip bumped him out of the way, luckily he was done, so he threw the towel at my head as he left the bathroom. I just stuck my tongue out at him in response. I then happily started to wash my face. 

I was done and now drying my face, I couldn't see but I felt to hands suddenly start tickling my sides making me jump. Then, in a blink of an eye, I was in the middle of the bedroom. I looked to see it was Jay who startled the frack outta me, Jay turned around and started laughing "startled you that much huh?" he chuckled "you are so...so..so" what? handsome? hot? sexy? my list could go on and on" he smirked over his shoulder as he got into his closet and grabbed two shirts and handed me one that had a red batman symbol on it

"really? your symbol?" what? I've gotta support the heroes" he chuckled slipping his plain red shirt on. I slipped on the shirt mumbling as I did so "more like supporting yourself" I pulled the shirt over my head to find Jason right in front of me "what was that?" he asked raising an eyebrow looking down at me "n...nothing?" I stuttered with a sheepish grin "that's what I thought, Now how about I make us some breakfast while you sit on the counter and look pretty" with that Jason tossed me over his shoulder.

"Jason Peter Todd put me down!" I giggled trying to slide down but he had a firm grip around my waist "I'm never letting you go again" and with that, he walked out of the bedroom and into the kitchen and set me down on the island in the middle of the kitchen "I want eggs, bacon, sausage, toast, and orange juice" I listed off, kicking my legs like a little kid on the counter "whoa! who died and made you the boss?" he chuckled as he got things out of the fridge "I've always been the boss" oh really?" really" I smirked.

I wanted him to make me breakfast but he was taking too long so I decided to try out my super speed, I pushed Jason out of the way and with my super speed zoomed around the kitchen. Making eggs, putting toast in the toaster, putting bacon and sausage on the grill. It took me about five minutes flat to make breakfast and plate it up, I put the plates down on the table with a fork and sat down all ready starting to eat

"I thought I said sit and look pretty," he said sitting down across from me "sorry, I was really hungry and you were taking too long," I said through a mouth full of eggs. Jason gave me a smile and a giggle then started eating "so how do you feel?" I feel great actually, other than the fact that I now have powers" that's good but don't go getting any ideas about being a super" Jay ordered "what? why not? we could be like THE best hero couple!" I exclaimed putting the last bite of egg in my mouth.

Why was he so against this? he's a hero and I could be one with him, we could have each other's backs "I just don't think I could live with myself if anything happened to you," Jay said his fists clenching "I should have come with you"

That's when I realized what he meant, he blames himself for me getting zapped.

I put my fork down and walked over to Jay who was looking down at his bare feet "Jay, look at me" he didn't respond so I grabbed his chin and tilted it up towards me to reveal a very sad face I looked straight into his blue-green orbs with my e/c ones "there was nothing you could have done to save me from that lightning bolt, even if you pushed me out of the way and you got struck we'd be in the same position but reversed I would be the one blaming myself you saved me by being there when I woke up yesterday if you weren't there I think I would have been a panicking mess" his expression changed from upset sad to calm and happy.

He pulled me into a hug one of his best in the whole wide world hugs "I can't lose you" he mumbled. I stroked his raven hair "you won't".