a good to no good day

I woke up the next morning still on Tim's lap. I sat up rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. "how'd you sleep?" Tim looked like he hadn't slept a wink the whole night "more than you it looks like" I yawned.

Tim just chuckled "even though my super name is Redrobin, I'm an owl at heart" then he got up and stretched. "thank you for staying with me last night" I was really thankful "no problem, you're like a sister to me I couldn't just leave you alone and scared down here" he smiled.

I gave him a hug then went upstairs to put on some clothes.

I didn't have any other clothes, thanks to Wally, so I just threw on my clothes from yesterday, which was some light-wash skinny jeans and a f/c tee. I looked in the full-length mirror in the corner of the room and raked my hands through my h/l h/c bed hair, trying to make it look as presentable as possible.

I put my black high-tops on then headed downstairs. About half-way down the huge stairwell, I saw two figures come through the front door. I super-sped down to see "Jay!" I yelled.

I didn't hesitate, I jumped on him wrapping my arms around his neck and my legs around his waist making him immediately drop his duffle bag and wrap his arms around me. He rested his head in the crook of my neck.

"Gah! I missed you!" I exclaimed tightening my grip on him "it was only 3 days!" Jason chuckled. "I know it was only 3 days but it felt like forever!". Jason just laughed at my dramatics.

"what? no love for me?" Roy asked sarcastically "yeah, yeah I'm glad you're alive too" I replied sarcastically waving my hand to dismiss him. Roy crossed his arms pouting like two-year-old. I was glad that they were both alive but mostly having Jay back was all that mattered to me.

Me and Jay stayed put in the same position in the middle of the big door-way, my arms and legs refusing to remove themselves, for what seemed like forever. Then finally Jay spoke up

"Hey babe?" I just hummed in response "I know I'm like totally ripped and all but you're getting kinda hard to carry" he giggled. "oh whoops!" I dropped to the ground and gave Jay a sheepish grin.

He just looked down at me with his turquoise eyes, his lips curled into a smile, oh how I missed that smile! Then he cupped my cheeks in his big hands, leaning as far down as possible he kissed me, my lips molding to his. "get a room!" a bat boy yells.

Jay pulls away resting his forehead on mine." that's a good idea" Jay smirked, "what do you mean?" I asked innocently, cocking my head to the side like a confused kitten. Jason just gave me a smirk.

Then in one fell swoop, Jay had me bride style in his strong arms. I yelped a little as he did so making him chuckle.

As Jason was about to walk off I heard someone clear their throat. We turned around to see Roy holding the duffle bag that Jay was holding earlier. "I am not taking care of your crap while you go get some" Roy scoffed plopping the bag in front of us and walking off.

Jason sighed then put me down, mumbling to himself as he grabbed the bag, probably cursing Roy for ruining the moment." how about I come with you? I've always wanted to see the bat-cave" I said trying to pick up the mood, I think it worked because Jay's posture changed.

Then he grabbed my hand lacing his fingers with mine and started basically dragging me along with him. We walked through the halls of the manor until we got to what looked like a study.

There were bookshelves all around the room, a big old looking wood desk with a lamp and other things on it. Jason led me to a grandfather clock and lifted the glass face off of it. "what are you doing?!" I asked.

He was moving the hands to the time 10:48. "I'm putting in the password," he said, " just watch". He then finished setting the time, then the clock moved to the side to reveal a metal pole going straight down. "lady's first" he said gesturing towards the pole "why thank you kind sir" I smirked before sliding down the pole.

As soon as my feet hit the ground I zoomed around the cave, taking in everything from the dinosaur and the huge coin, to the uniform cases and the bat-computer.

"wow!" I exclaimed plopping myself in the bat-computer chair. I heard Jay chuckle as I watched him put his redhood suit in one of the uniform cases. "you better not let Bats catch you in his chair" he called out teasingly "he'd have to catch me first" I laughed out playfully.

The place was amazing! it felt like a real cave, from the bats and stalactites to water dripping from the ceiling "this place is amazing!" I exclaimed again "it's almost cooler than S.T.A.R labs".

Jay walked over to me laughing a little "do you want to know how Bruce found me?" uh...duh!" Jay just laughed at me some more.

"I was 12, and I was trying to take the hubcaps off the Bat-mobile to sell," he said sounding a little embarrassed "Bats caught me in the act then the next thing I knew I was tied to a chair and gagged in here".

I couldn't help but laugh "THE Jason Todd, caught in the act?!?" I wasn't a very stealthy kid..ok?" Jay grumbled crossing his arms "I obviously have gotten better or wouldn't make such a steal like you" he smirked "yeah just like you stole my first kiss" I retorted giving him a child like smile.

Then I hear the hum of an engine getting closer. I looked away from Jay in the direction it was coming from to see the Bat-mobile pull up. I zoomed over to it "so cool!" I fangirled in my head but kept calm on the outside.

But my calmness faded and my heart dropped when the windshield of the Bat-mobile opened. For there, in the passenger seat, was a lifeless aunt Cassy.