Sports

Chapter 12:

Third grade went by with me usually only hanging out with Rhett or with Link, rarely hanging out with both.

Rhett had started basketball the spring before the end of third grade, and Link went to visit his father often in the next town over (by the way, Link's parents got divorced, if you couldn't infer that already).

It was alright though, because I had started playing girl's basketball in the town's sports association (BCSA: Buies Creek Sports Association).

I had practice on Mondays, Thursdays, and Fridays, like Rhett. Link visited his dad after school on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, also visiting his dad every other weekend. We hung out every Wednesday, though, talking about everything that had happened that week, like we used to when we hung out everyday. It was just more special to see them.

I definitely saw Rhett more than Link, given that we both played basketball, and our town was so small, we had to share a court for practice.

After about a month of only practice every week, we had basketball games on Wednesdays. Link's mom would bring him to the games, which usually was my team against Rhett's. I'm happy to say that my team won 7 times, while Rhett's team won 6 times. We had 2 tie games.

.

.

.

We started fourth grade, breezing through it like the wind going through an old tree on a cool, winter day. Fifth grade went by just as quickly, but sixth grade, was a whole other ball game.