ShadAmy- Marked

Amy tried to be patient as her sister poked and prodded her. Karley tried to be as gentle as she could, but she often stabbed and poked her with the needles. Amy glanced back at the red hedgehog behind her and wondered how she would fare without her. She doubted that she would see her beautiful sister very often after the wedding.

Karley stood to her full height of about 6 feet. She was taller than most men in the village including Amy herself. She got it from their father, a very tall hedgehog. "Well," Karley said, "you're all done now, Ames."

Amy looked into the mirror. Her wedding gown was gorgeous. She looked gorgeous. Her hair was tied up in a youth bun, though the loose locks were curled and framed her face. And she had a beautifully designed corsette hugging her waist while the rest of the gown flowed out into lots of folds. Yet she couldn't feel happy about it. No matter how hard she tried.

"You don't want to marry him, do you?" She heard Karley ask behind her.

Amy turned to her sister. "What makes you say that?" She asked.

Karley smiled sadly. "The fact that you haven't smiled at all, since the engagement."

Amy looked out the window toward all of the snow glistening outside. "He just wants the rest of the land that his father doesn't yet own. All nobles want land, and money. It's all they care about," she muttered bitterly.

"Don't you think Sonic is different? People say he really does love you."

"I only see lust, in him. Besides, since when were you to put weight into the town gossip?" Amy asked.

"I only wished to make sure," Karley said with a devilish smile.

Amy looked at her curiously. "What are you planning?"

"I didn't plan anything. Only, I know what you've been planning, and I'm willing to help." Karley said, tucking a loose strand of hair out of her face.

"Karley," Amy warned.

Karley knelt down beside her sister and lifted up a cord that Amy had mistaken for a loose strand of fabric. "Pull this, and you can make a cleaner break into the forest," she instructed.

She then went over to a cabinet and pulled out a large sack. "I'll hide this in the grove that you used to go to. It's anything you'll need before you find a place to go to. Then, you can figure out how to keep the land."

Amy, didn't say anything. Completely awestruck that her sister would go to such lengths. When Karley had looked up and realized Amy's surprise, she hastily explained, "I wouldn't be too eager to marry a man I didn't love either. And, I'm not to eager to hand over Father's land to some dirty nobles."

A great surge of pride went through Amy just then. Sometimes she forgot how old her little sister really was. But then, she's not so little now, is she? Amy pulled Karley into a tight hug, burying her face into her sister's red hair.

The bell of the village church went off just then, and Karley and Amy were forced to let go of each other.

There was a little chaos to be caused.