10-Locked Up? Hell, Nah!

The 10th chappy!!! :3

Amy's POV-

Damien's pack member shoved me roughly into my old room. I gained my bearings quickly and spun on him violently. He was the faster though, so my fists just landed on solid wood.

"Agh!" I screamed in frustration, hitting the door again.

Calm down. Think. They weren't just going to let Shadow go, I knew that. But at least they wouldn't hurt him further. Not at the moment anyway.

What are they going to do with him though? My chest tightened at the thought. I looked around my room, hoping they hadn't searched through it before putting me in here.

I carefully moved the bed to the side, revealing underneath. I'm not stupid enough to just leave everything in plain sight underneath. I hid my stuff under the floorboards.

The boards came away easily, and my bow and knives were lying undisturbed. I carefully pulled out my knives, concealing them on my person. Then I placed the floorboard back and moved the bed. I couldn't really do anything with my bow.

The door opened just then, and I spun round on the person. Damien stood calmly, eyeing me carefully. I followed him with my eyes as he walked slow circles around me.

"You're a hard one to pin down, aren't you?" He asked.

I didn't answer him, only stared.

"Not answering? Okay. Karley, you can come in now."

Karley entered with measuring tape, keeping her head down. Quickly, she went about the process of measuring me for a new dress, I guessed. She was surprised to find the knives I had hidden on me, but easily hid it away from Damien. When she stood up, our eyes met and I snapped my fingers twice, then covered my mouth as our symbol of danger.

I think I saw a glint in her eyes, but her expression stayed the same. As soon as Damien noticed the exchange.

He signaled his men to take her away and she followed obediently.

As soon as Karley had left, Damien glared coldly at me. "So that's how you wanna play?" He took my chin in his fingers roughly. "Sweetheart, I created this game."

Rage boiled up within me, and I strangely felt the urge to shift into a wolf and tear his throat out. The thought actually made me smirk.

"What are you smiling about?" He asked, scowling.

I gasped as I felt a sharp sting across my cheek. He hit me so hard that I lost my balance and crashed to the ground floor. My body shook with anger, it became extremely difficult to control the wolf that lay underneath my skin.

I smelled him come up just behind me. My hand gripped one of my knives. His hand touched my shoulder and I spun on him violently, plunging the knife into his shoulder easily.

He screamed in pain and jumped back, holding his wounded shoulder.

I didn't even look. I booked it. I was gone, racing out of the house. Where would they have Shadow? The nobles'

house, maybe?

I took off, running as fast as I possibly could. Then there were voices, talking quietly, so I hid just around the corner and peeked around it.

My eyes went wide to see Sonic standing with my sister, Karley. They were really close to each other, and I immediately became suspicious.

"Why can't you stop him?" My little sister asked in a quiet voice. She almost sounded like she would burst to tears any second.

"Karley, you know he doesn't listen to me," Sonic pleaded. "He wants that land, and Amy is the one that owns it, not you."

Why would he care if Karley owned it? I thought curiously.

Sonic caressed Karley's cheek gently and whispered, "I don't want to marry her, you know that." He leaned down toward her face.

He's trying to kiss her?!

Karley pulled away gently. "I can't let you do that when I know you're going to be with someone else soon. My sister, nonetheless." She said meekly, looking saddened.

She doesn't seem angry... My heart sunk as I realized what was going on. They love each other, don't they?

I moved out into their view, and they both looked at me with the most shocked faces. I felt the urge to laugh at them, but knew better. "I'm not marrying you, Sonic. You're not marrying me."

"Amy?!" Karley couldn't help but blurt out. She was so surprised.

"Shh!" I covered her mouth. "I don't know if I'm entirely okay with what I just saw, but I nearly just killed Damien and now he's after me. Let's go!" I hurriedly explained in a quiet voice. I looked up at Sonic. "Where's Shadow?"

His face furrowed in confusion. "That black and red hedgehog? They're about to have him hung for kidnapping," he explained easily.

My heart dropped and my eyes stung. "What?" I whispered.

Seeing my reaction, Sonic's face dropped. "My father is having him hung," he repeated in a softer tone.

My body started to shake, and Karley had to steady me so that I could stand. They are going to hang him?

"We have to find him," I suddenly heard Sonic say.

My head shot up in surprise. "You'd disobey your father?" I asked. "For me?"

"I'd like to at least think of you as my friend," he said with a small smile. "And, in a way, I'd be doing it for Karley too."

Karley gave him a sweet smile, and he stared back at her with the same affectionate look. It made me want Shadow back even more.

Is that how I feel for him?

I couldn't really think about it much longer. All the three of us turned around at the sound of Damien screaming, "FIND HER."

"Let's go," Sonic took Karley and I by the arm and led us toward another building in the village. "Stay here, Amy. We'll go look for Shadow."

"What? No! I have to look for him too!" I objected.

Karley interupted whatever he was about to say. "If you get caught, you'll die just like Shadow. Wait here, please."

I paused and looked curiously at my sister. Then I remembered when I had argued with Shadow saying that she could take care of herself. If I tried taking control of this, I'd be turning myself into a liar. But I know I was right about it.

And she was right too. I would likely be killed on sight if I got caught.

I sighed and nodded, conceding with them. Then they left, splitting away from each other to search. As soon as they left, I hugged myself and leaned against the wall. I felt utterly helpless. I felt myself slide against the wall until I was sitting down on the floor.

Sitting there, the only thing I could keep thinking about was Shadow.

Why?